2017 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Astros calling up Derek Fisher. Dude was hitting very well in the minors. Want(ed) him in a deal for Q as a third piece.

Showcase for pitching trade?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy McCullough‏Verified account

@McCulloughTimes

Follow

More

There was no structural damage in Julio Urias's shoulder, Dave Roberts said. He was shut down with inflammation. No timetable.

I know some posters, including myself, wanted Urias if we traded Sale/Q to the Dodgers. He's having shoulder problems apparently.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)

Moving Machado to SS for the short term makes sense since they don't have the prospects to get someone like Cozart but that would put them firmly in the Todd Frazier sweepstakes with the Red Sox and Yankees.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
Moving Machado to SS for the short term makes sense since they don't have the prospects to get someone like Cozart but that would put them firmly in the Todd Frazier sweepstakes with the Red Sox and Yankees.

Only out 4-6 weeks so probably not.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
21 homers in less than 200 at bats. His dad was lucky to hit that many his entire career.

Why is it in the last 2 years NY amd LA have got the HR mashing rookies ? No wonder the Sox drafted a bunch of guys with power potential. Watching Bellinger swing the bat makes my back hurt. That is one violent yet awesome swing.

I've heard and read in different places recently that "the ball is juiced" this year. Heard radio show hosts suggest it. Have read it on message boards and in the comments below articles.

Are we falling for this again? Aren't people suspicious of PEDs again? I am. I don't know that I'll ever trust athletic accomplishments again.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 06:50 PM)
I've heard and read in different places recently that "the ball is juiced" this year. Heard radio show hosts suggest it. Have read it on message boards and in the comments below articles.

Are we falling for this again? Aren't people suspicious of PEDs again? I am. I don't know that I'll ever trust athletic accomplishments again.

The reason people are suggesting juiced balls is because the homerun rate leaguewide spiked literally overnight in 2015. If PEDs were the main cause the change would have been more gradual rather than immediate and also would not only affect the hitters.

I think it's both. The Sox are averaging over 4.6 runs a game. That just doesn't happen by chance. And it's League wide.

Until they start doing baseline blood serum levels, you always need to be suspicious of new designer PEDs.