White Sox Request Waivers on Lawrie

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 12:42 PM)
Right, I think they thought he'd be our 3rd baseman to start year.

That said, I don't like the look of twice having picked up the option on players then released them in spring training when it's less likely they can find an ML role, aside from the cash issues.

I know Lawrie has an injury again, still wish it didn't work out this way.

I highly doubt we're the only team. Plus, I don't think Viciedo even made it to spring training.

QUOTE (Ralph Garr @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
James Shields next please.

Nah, Sox need to squeeze as many innings out of Shields, Holland, and Gonzalez as possible until it's time for the youngsters.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
I highly doubt we're the only team. Plus, I don't think Viciedo even made it to spring training.

We're certainly not the only team. I just don't like when it's done.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
Another fun reminder for Hahn having an insanely bad offseason last year.

Yah, because we're really going to miss Zack Irwin and JB Wendelken.

Peace to Lawrie. Dude can't stay healthy. At this point, let's see what we have with Saladino at 2B everyday until Moncada is ready.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
Yah, because we're really going to miss Zack Irwin and JB Wendelken.

Peace to Lawrie. Dude can't stay healthy. At this point, let's see what we have with Saladino at 2B everyday until Moncada is ready.

It's more just that basically everyone is already gone from last offseason where they made a ton of moves. The performance of the players was very underwhelming as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 07:05 PM)
Regardless of what we gave up, our FO targeted Lawrie as an upgrade. If you weren't a fan of the upgrade it's still fair to criticize.

The scouting of current MLB players to acquire has been just awful for far too long. Have to wonder how bad it is in relation to other organizations

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Regardless of what we gave up, our FO targeted Lawrie as an upgrade. If you weren't a fan of the upgrade it's still fair to criticize.

Agreed. I was a big fan of the trade and that's why I'm not criticizing it. Things did not work out and it's time to move on.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)

At 1 WAR technically he was a ~2 WAR upgrade, considering we were at -1.1 WAR out of our 2B in 2015, which was dead last in the MLB.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
At 1 WAR technically he was a ~2 WAR upgrade, considering we were at -1.1 WAR out of our 2B in 2015, which was dead last in the MLB.

Yeah, but the most disappointing thing to me about our 2015-2016 teams was the solution of putting below replacement level talent with marginally above replacement level talent and thinking it would equal 15 additional wins.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Remember he is ONLY 21.

I guess I was expecting the immediate impact of a hitter like Benintendi for Chris Sale.

I am not concluding that Moncada was over hyped but I am starting to wonder if he will turn out to be as good of a player as his rating as a number the number one prospect in baseball.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox...ying_to_be_more

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
I guess I was expecting the immediate impact of a hitter like Benintendi for Chris Sale.

I am not concluding that Moncada was over hyped but I am starting to wonder if he will turn out to be as good of a player as his rating as a number the number one prospect in baseball.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox...ying_to_be_more

Your assumption is based on him not being ready? WOW

Edited by soxfan2014