2017 Cubs Catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
Yeah, only Jesus would have forgiven Bartman had the Cubs entered this season still lacking that World Series trophy...quite easy to be magnanimous now.

Just like JR approving Q trade. Would never have happened had they instead lost to the Indians.

Yea, it never would have happened because they wouldn't have won the World Series and wouldn't have had a ring to give away lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:32 PM)
How sweet that they finally "forgive him" after they win.

Good take.

I was watching the WGN broadcast of this on its Website and they interviewed two Cub fans. The first asshole said, 'Never forget.' And he ripped Bartman and said something like he'd like to punch him. The other fan was nice.

To the first fan I'd say, first of all, what do you do for a living? Bartman never let all those distractions interfere with him earning a living without having to move from Chicago. The guy obviously likes the city and he didn't run and hide, he actually pulled off continuing to lead a productive life in Chicago. I'd like to see if that asshole fan could have done the same thing. Not easy to just return to work and community life like nothing happened.

And also, guess what, Mr. Fan on WGN? You would have gone after the foul ball as well, cause that's what fans do. A 10 dollar baseball or whatever its worth turns into the Crown Jewel when it is hit in a fan's direction. Fans go for foul balls. Case closed. What happened to Bartman was awful.

Now, some of Bartman's statements through his lawyer have come across as moderately pompous, but still. He didn't do anything illegal. He foolishly went for a foul ball like that same fan interviewed by WGN would have done.

I am kind of in favor of the Cubs doing this, just because I'm in favor of anything nice tossed Bartman's way. I respect the guy for not having to move from Chicago and not letting that incident totally ruin his life.

Edited by greg775