2017 Cubs Catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
Once Rizzo spoke up, you knew it was done. Rizzo is the new Mr. Cub

You know Rizzo's comments came with the Theo seal of approval. "I know you guys all hate the guy, I don't like him either, it's DFA time, feel free to call him out in the media please"

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

Montero was s*** there, but it's fine for their manager to accuse other players of dirty plays and roiding when his own players are as guilty or more likely.

No one in that clubhouse mad about Grandpa Joe yapping his way to .500, huh?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:03 PM)
Lol.

Montero was s*** there, but it's fine for their manager to accuse other players of dirty plays and roiding when his own players are as guilty or more likely.

No one in that clubhouse mad about Grandpa Joe yapping his way to .500, huh?

Pretty much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
You know Rizzo's comments came with the Theo seal of approval. "I know you guys all hate the guy, I don't like him either, it's DFA time, feel free to call him out in the media please"

I love how Rizzo trashing Montero isn't seen as an even worse move. Montero called out his teammate so their response is to call him out.lmao okay then.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
The the Winnebago driving, wine drinking liberal manger is being dragged to the white house for a second visit as champions to appease the owner.

Everything went right the last three years for them at an incredible clip. They caught some tremendous breaks in the post season that covered the actuality of the situation and made them appear much better than they actually were this year is kind of what I thought they were last year.

A solid 84-90 win team that doesn't have the rotation to win it all.

I don't see why his politics should matter, but he's also speaking to a group of young republicans while he is in town.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
I love how Rizzo trashing Montero isn't seen as an even worse move. Montero called out his teammate so their response is to call him out.lmao okay then.

Rizzos comments very likely came out with the knowledge that Montero was being DFAed. If he was sticking around I doubt Rizzo would have said anything

Now, it just looks like a guy kicking the guy on the way out

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)
Rizzos comments very likely came out with the knowledge that Montero was being DFAed. If he was sticking around I doubt Rizzo would have said anything

This is correct. Apparently the process got going early this morning.

Edited by soxfan2014

I understand he got the okay to trash him publicly, I just think it looks bad the Cubs didn't just take the high road and not trash a guy you're DFAing but I guess #That'sCub

Doesn't he know the proper way to do this now is on twitter?

QUOTE (aryzner @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
Not saying Eaton is/was a great teammate (thinking of the whole Drake LaRoche thing) but wasn't Montero one of the most vocal guys from the Dbacks bashing Eaton when he was sent to the Sox?

He also ran Trevor Bauer out of town.

He was still really salty on the radio this afternoon. He was making excuses as to why Contreras is able to throw out runners at a better rate than him. Basically saying its not because Contreras is better hes just getting better opportunity than him.

And then yeah, there is the whole maybe Rizzo misses Ross thing. LOL

I am frankly surprised Montero wasnt just let go before this season started.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
theScore MLB‏Verified account @theScoreMLB 2h2 hours ago Report: Cubs' front office wanted Trump to say 'You're fired' to Montero http://thesco.re/2s9NMaT

Montero is a piece of crap teammate but man have the Cubs looked petty themselves in this.