2017 Cubs Catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:02 AM)
M&H had someone on (missed the beginning of the interview) saying "He feels like he slides faster head first". I don't know if that's true, but isn't there more drag sliding head first?

Everything I've ever seen indicates that from a pure precision standpoint, a head-first slide is going to allow you to avoid tags quite a bit better, thus making it seem quicker when in reality you just have better movement to get away from a tag. With my much more dangerous they are, it's definitely not worth it.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who hasn't followed baseball all year, I'm quite interested in the final half of this years MLB.

We see some amazing stories and close battles in the divisions.

AL EAST Has a suprising Tampa bay team leading the wild card, but a built up Yankees team right on their behind. The Red sox always look great. Very close division. Even Baltimore is not too far behind/ too bad of a team (although, for most purposes, they are likely on the outside)

AL Central Has the Indians and Twins in a great battle, with the Royals closely behind. Who would have thought the Twins would be where they are? 0.5 GB the wild card, the Twins could realistically make a run for it. Fun! Royals as well.

AL West is the dynamic Astros finally coming together (although, I hate them for not trading their prospects to get an ultimate team this year), but there's still a Mariners team trying to make the Wild card, and even the Angels are looking OK.

NL West features the biggest story of the season in the Dodgers just destroying everyone. It also features two incredible hitting teams in the Rockies and Diamondbacks. Both of these teams are somewhat fresh.

NL Central has a crazy situation going on with the Brewers and Cubs. Cubs surging, Brewers coming from out of nowhere. Pitts/St Louis not too far behind, but likely out of it.

NL East has the nats....

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
As someone who hasn't followed baseball all year, I'm quite interested in the final half of this years MLB.

We see some amazing stories and close battles in the divisions.

AL EAST Has a suprising Tampa bay team leading the wild card, but a built up Yankees team right on their behind. The Red sox always look great. Very close division. Even Baltimore is not too far behind/ too bad of a team (although, for most purposes, they are likely on the outside)

AL Central Has the Indians and Twins in a great battle, with the Royals closely behind. Who would have thought the Twins would be where they are? 0.5 GB the wild card, the Twins could realistically make a run for it. Fun! Royals as well.

AL West is the dynamic Astros finally coming together (although, I hate them for not trading their prospects to get an ultimate team this year), but there's still a Mariners team trying to make the Wild card, and even the Angels are looking OK.

NL West features the biggest story of the season in the Dodgers just destroying everyone. It also features two incredible hitting teams in the Rockies and Diamondbacks. Both of these teams are somewhat fresh.

NL Central has a crazy situation going on with the Brewers and Cubs. Cubs surging, Brewers coming from out of nowhere. Pitts/St Louis not too far behind, but likely out of it.

NL East has the nats....

You might want to revisit the Red Sox year by year records this decade...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 11:16 PM)
After the 2nd inning today, Cubs fans on Twitter wanted him gone.

Wow cubs fan are idiots. Their pitching messiahs Arrieta has been sucking, Lester, sucking, Lackey, sucking, and whatever 5 starter fodder, sucking.

The Cubs are lucky they have Quintana who will give them QS, they just have to score.

What are Cub fans like this season? Do they just assume they will repeat? Now that they have a WS title are they like most fans and are yawning through the regular season assuming this is another eventual WS title team?

Holy crap. I can't believe how many local reporters are holding the Cubs up as some kind of awesome for this. They COULD have stomped this out in Oct 03 by making a strong public statement, but the pretty much gave Bartman the Sammy Sosa treatment and pretended his didn't exist for the longest time. Now almost 15 years later they do something to fix it and NOW they are a classy organization for it? lol, ok.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Holy crap. I can't believe how many local reporters are holding the Cubs up as some kind of awesome for this. They COULD have stomped this out in Oct 03 by making a strong public statement, but the pretty much gave Bartman the Sammy Sosa treatment and pretended his didn't exist for the longest time. Now almost 15 years later they do something to fix it and NOW they are a classy organization for it? lol, ok.

Different people running the show at that time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
WGN TV News‏Verified account @WGNNews 13m13 minutes ago WGN EXCLUSIVE: Steve Bartman to receive 2016 Chicago @Cubs World Series Championship ring

Haha, just went you think the Cubs have completely turned the corner as a professional franchise, here they go again. #ThatsSoCub

Not a chance Theo signed off on this

Well, it's not like he is going to wear it around...probably just put it in a permanent secure display area of his house.

Didn't those rings cost around $60,000 or something like that?

I guess some weirdo might try to steal it and sell it on the black market, but kinda of silly with his name inscribed, as is the case with all these championship rings.

Almost free feel good publicity for the Cubs...like they need it.

Edited by caulfield12