2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
If the Sox were willing to try May they could just as easily try Engel. At least the defense will still be good. Leury has ran down some fly balls but has misplayed 2 I've seen that were rolling or bouncing.

None of those guys are big leaguers. Makes no difference which one plays. Maybe when Tilson gets back it will be a little bit better.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
None of those guys are big leaguers. Makes no difference which one plays. Maybe when Tilson gets back it will be a little bit better.

If Tilson ever comes back healthy for longer then a few days. We'll see.

Mark

I thought the Sox were supposed to be eliminated by now. LOL. They are leading the AL Central. Yea Yea I know it's probably short-lived, but that's hilarious to see, especially with NUMEROUS players on this team hitting well below their career average. Wonder if they hang around for another month? :o

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
I thought the Sox were supposed to be eliminated by now. LOL. They are leading the AL Central. Yea Yea I know it's probably short-lived, but that's hilarious to see, especially with NUMEROUS players on this team hitting well below their career average. Wonder if they hang around for another month? :o

We were 14-6 at this point in the season last year. 3 game difference this season. We'll see how it's looking in June/July.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 01:38 PM)
Trade deadline preview with mucho a White Sox amore:

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...tand-right-now/

Interesting to note on Roberston

White Sox. They are the most obvious and certain seller with plenty still to go. Quintana, who’s drawn interest from the Astros, Yankees and Pirates (Pittsburgh seems like a more likely seller than buyer t present), among many others, should bring multiple top-100 prospects. He’s off to a slow start, but Chicago blames that on two bad innings and few others seem concerned, either. The ChiSox had been offering to pay down Robertson’s deal, though that may not be so necessary now. Holland ($6 million salary), Gonzalez ($5.9 million) and even Shields ($10 million paid by ChiSox) could help someone.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
He better be committed to this rebuild

I think they're committed. What do you expect them to do? Hold onto the guys like Holland and Gonzalez (if they are pitching well) only to have them block the guys in the minors who could be ready and let the above guys leave for nothing?

Initially I was pro-tank for the draft pick, but we're much better suited to guys playing well and building value than getting a draft pick a few slots higher. I'd rather get the #6 pick and have Kahnle/Swarzak/Holland/Gonzalez turn into viable trade pieces than get the #2 pick and have all of them suck.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 04:08 PM)
Initially I was pro-tank for the draft pick, but we're much better suited to guys playing well and building value than getting a draft pick a few slots higher. I'd rather get the #6 pick and have Kahnle/Swarzak/Holland/Gonzalez turn into viable trade pieces than get the #2 pick and have all of them suck.

Hopefully Frazier and Melky turn it up a notch as well.

We come out WAY ahead in this scenario.

Glad some people are coming around to this line of thinking. So much better for the organization, IMO.

Several other names you could add to that list.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Something interesting, Jacob May, I agree, has no business being on a major league roster, but has anyone checked out Trayce Thompson? After an 0-8 with 3 ks with the Dodgers, he is 1-43 with 19 ks in AAA. Looks like the Sox sold high there.

Most knew it...a few here are still unwilling to realize it.

Edited by soxfan2014