2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 1, 2017 -> 10:36 AM)
Jurickson Profar was optioned to AAA by the Rangers. Maybe the Sox can try to swing a trade for him. He used to be a top 100 prospect after all and isn't that old.

I don't think he ends up going anywhere and I doubt we see him in back in the big leagues until September.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 41m41 minutes ago

More

More Asche: " Last night was the case. I don’t foresee it being a problem today or moving forward or ever again."

4 replies 2 retweets 3 likes

Reply 4 Retweet 2

Like 3

More

More Asche: "You don’t meet the standards, sometimes the manager has to take action.".

0 replies 2 retweets 1 like

Reply Retweet 2

Like 1

Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 42m42 minutes ago

More

Asche on why he was pinch-hit for last night: "There’s standards that need to be set if you are going to be a White Sox player....

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 4, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)

More

More Asche: " Last night was the case. I don’t foresee it being a problem today or moving forward or ever again."

4 replies 2 retweets 3 likes

Reply 4 Retweet 2

Like 3

More

More Asche: "You don’t meet the standards, sometimes the manager has to take action.".

0 replies 2 retweets 1 like

Reply Retweet 2

Like 1

Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 42m42 minutes ago

More

Asche on why he was pinch-hit for last night: "There’s standards that need to be set if you are going to be a White Sox player....

Did he not hustle or something?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 4, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Second base maybe? Third if Frazier is traded? I really don't know. What I do know is that he still has more potential than Saladino/Davidson/Yolmer/Leury/etc even if his prospect status has faded in recent years.

Sure but the Rangers aren't just going to let him go for nothing, and I'm not really interested in giving up anything meaningful for him at this point, he's shown nothing. Plus even if he figures it out he's a free agent pretty soon.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 4, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)
Sure but the Rangers aren't just going to let him go for nothing, and I'm not really interested in giving up anything meaningful for him at this point, he's shown nothing. Plus even if he figures it out he's a free agent pretty soon.

I thought his name came up in the Rios trade often...maybe Dementia is setting in, been one of those days.....how f'd up though if Leury Garcia has a more prominent career than Profar.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 6, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
Matt Cassidy‏ @Matt_Cassidy 2h2 hours ago

More

Micker Adolfo has made big leaps. Looks much better on both sides of the ball. Something has clicked there.

Well, if the 20 year-old Adolfo has perhaps turned a corner and is putting himself on a projectable path to a high ceiling MLB career, and if the team is able to sign the 19 year-old Luis Robert, that could be the makings of some kind of outfield a few years down the road.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 7, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
Well, if the 20 year-old Adolfo has perhaps turned a corner and is putting himself on a projectable path to a high ceiling MLB career, and if the team is able to sign the 19 year-old Luis Robert, that could be the makings of some kind of outfield a few years down the road.

Don't forget 25 year-old Avisail Garcia. That's like, 30 combined future all-star appearances from an outfield. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 6, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
Matt Cassidy‏ @Matt_Cassidy 2h2 hours ago

More

Micker Adolfo has made big leaps. Looks much better on both sides of the ball. Something has clicked there.

The average is up near .300, and the K numbers are coming down a little, but still very high.