southsider2k5

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From todays KLaw chat

Andy

3:17

Hi, Keith! Hope all is well with you and your family. Not sure if this chat is solely about tonight's mock, but I had a non-draft question for you. Have you had a chance to see Lucas Giolito over the past month or so? I've been lucky enough to catch most of his starts this year and he's never looked better than he has of late. He's confident in the curve and has this really neat changeup, too. Wanted to see if you've heard anything about him lately as the Sox unravel and piece back together his motion and mechanics.

Keith Law

3:18

Haven't seen him but have talked to folks who have and am hearing just that - he's getting close to where he was before Mike Maddux etc. changed his delivery.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
From todays KLaw chat

Andy

3:17

Hi, Keith! Hope all is well with you and your family. Not sure if this chat is solely about tonight's mock, but I had a non-draft question for you. Have you had a chance to see Lucas Giolito over the past month or so? I've been lucky enough to catch most of his starts this year and he's never looked better than he has of late. He's confident in the curve and has this really neat changeup, too. Wanted to see if you've heard anything about him lately as the Sox unravel and piece back together his motion and mechanics.

Keith Law

3:18

Haven't seen him but have talked to folks who have and am hearing just that - he's getting close to where he was before Mike Maddux etc. changed his delivery.

Is that a good thing? I am assuming yes?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Christopher Kamka @ckamka 27m27 minutes ago Avisaíl García is hitting .448 (13 for 29) during his current 8-game hitting streak (1 for 1 so far today) #WhiteSox

Avi might start sucking again at some point. But one thing is clear. It would be a shame if he's not an All Star this year. He's got a great BA and a helluva lot of RBI. He deserves at least one all star bid at this point and that is right here, right now. Even if he goes 0-for-70 from now to the All Star game, his RBI total will be worthy.

Deadline fluff by Merkin: http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/237...opicId=27118146

Not sure how much inside information he gets but the players mentioned as likely being in trade talks is interesting. Merk seems to think Leury Garcia and Kahnle will be talked about in addition to the usual suspects (Q, Robertson, Swarzak, Melky, Frazier, the other non-Rodon starters).

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
Sorry for the poor board etiquette. I didn't know where else to post but someone posted it in the Q thread at the same time so perhaps protocol is to delete my post...

That post was not a big deal, no worries.