David Robertson

Jose Abreu

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 14, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
Juan Soto, Carter Kieboom, Severino

Personally I would try to get Soto and Kieboom

Personally a guy I like from the Nats is Stevenson...he could man CF for me any day.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
Personally a guy I like from the Nats is Stevenson...he could man CF for me any day.

Stevenson to me is a 4th outfielder at the major league level. He's a quality defender, with solid speed, but his bat offers ZERO power and and his hit tool is average.

I'd much rather have Kieboom or Soto. Stevenson's career minor league .706 scares the heck out of me when translating to the next level. I view him as a slightly better Charlie Tilson.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Stevenson to me is a 4th outfielder at the major league level. He's a quality defender, with solid speed, but his bat offers ZERO power and and his hit tool is average.

I'd much rather have Kieboom or Soto. Stevenson's career minor league .706 scares the heck out of me when translating to the next level. I view him as a slightly better Charlie Tilson.

For me, Soto has to be the headliner for Robertson, unless they want to start with Robles in which I would not complain. Stevenson could make for an interesting second or third piece. He he, I wonder if Hahn could squeeze Soto and Fedde for Robertson? Probably not but if the Nat's pen continues to struggle it could become more possible.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
For me, Soto has to be the headliner for Robertson, unless they want to start with Robles in which I would not complain. Stevenson could make for an interesting second or third piece. He he, I wonder if Hahn could squeeze Soto and Fedde for Robertson? Probably not but if the Nat's pen continues to struggle it could become more possible.

I really like Kieboom... partly because of the name but also I think he could play anywhere in the infield and hit well.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 16, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)

We already have this player.

Adam Engel.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ May 16, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
I really like Kieboom... partly because of the name but also I think he could play anywhere in the infield and hit well.

Have read some really good things about Kieboom, mostly about his bat which I like alot. He's plenty good enough to headline a Robertson trade, IMHO.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ May 16, 2017 -> 04:41 PM)
Juan Soto on DL with a badly sprained ankle sliding home. Will be out awhile

s***...

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ May 16, 2017 -> 09:29 AM)
Do you even need to include Frazier in that? If we gave them 2 good bullpen arms I think 2 A+ players isn't too much to ask.

Normally no but he's a sweetener to make the deal happen I don't think he has a future here with his recent performance anymore. Way too inconsistent a bat to stick at 1B. He's just a rental for them he has some value as a guy who can play 1B/3B and is a vet and good clubhouse guy for a playoff run.

Those A+ players are top 100 prospects fyi or at least borderline - and also really young still with room to improve.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 17, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
Meh. I'll just respectfully disagree and leave it at that.

ERA up to 3.21 after his good start. He definitely looks better this year, but he's one more bad outing away from having his ERA really balloon up.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 16, 2017 -> 11:28 PM)
Have read some really good things about Kieboom, mostly about his bat which I like alot. He's plenty good enough to headline a Robertson trade, IMHO.

Saw on a fangraphs chat that a scout compared him to Tulo

Two inning saves are never easy.

Melky Cabrera Blooper Reel and no hard hit balls...that said, Robertson's never going to be more than an 80-85% conversion guy whose strikeout totals look impressive but who usually implodes bigly when he does struggle. And he is inarguably overpaid to put up those numbers for a non-elite closer.

And apparently Renteria felt that Swarzak had been used too much already in recent weeks...so you're left with Ynoa and Holmberg to close out a game against the heart of their line-up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)

Melky Cabrera Blooper Reel and no hard hit balls...that said, Robertson's never going to be more than an 80-85% conversion guy whose strikeout totals look impressive but who usually implodes bigly when he does struggle. And he is inarguably overpaid to put up those numbers for a non-elite closer.

And apparently Renteria felt that Swarzak had been used too much already in recent weeks...so you're left with Ynoa and Holmberg to close out a game against the heart of their line-up.

He has a 2.38 FIP and is averaging almost 13 K/9. He'll be fine I think.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)

That's why you don't burn your closer in an extra-inning, tie game when you're the road team and a save opportunity could actually present itself.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 17, 2017 -> 01:35 AM)
And Robertson promptly damages his trade value. Hahn you gotta know what prospects you want ahead of time and strike while the iron is hot. Not wait for Robertson to hit a rough patch.

Takes two to tango and right now, nobody's buying, yet. Hahn cannot force another GM to make a trade.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2017 -> 01:42 AM)
Saw on a fangraphs chat that a scout compared him to Tulo

Damn, that's a pretty lofty comp. Like him that much more now. Forget Robertson, I hope the Nat's really go after Q with an offer beginning with Robles and Kieboom. I know, I'm reaching a bit.

Robertson was dinked and doinked last night, complements of a lead-footed outfield (which hopefully will be addressed at some point).

I'm sure teams interested in Robertson will have scouts in games, so they will be able to read below the stats.