David Robertson

Jose Abreu

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
I mean, if it helps facilitate the deal, I'll drive to wherever he is and drive him to wherever he needs to be.

That seems like a silly use of your free time, it would be much easier to get into an airplane and fly him there.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 04:50 PM)
It would have to be an Addison Russell type deal. Robertson + Miguel gonzalez + for him honestly. I'd love to get Robles.

Washington won't deal Robles with Harper poised to leave for free agency in two seasons. They want to keep Robles as his replacement.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
I know David had a rough day today, but Fernando Rodney just blew another save and is carrying and era north of 10. The dbacks... Could really use a closer!

They do have a glut of position player talent. Could be a good match.

FYI: Carter Kieboom playing well lately, hit 3 HRs the other day.

"Nationals prospect Carter Kieboom hit three homers on Sunday for Low-A Hagerstown.

Have yourself a day, Mr. Kieboom. In addition to the dingers, he also hit a double and knocked in five runs. A first-round pick last year, Kieboom is an impressive athlete, and he's shown the ability to apply his athleticism one the diamond quicker than anticipated. There's still a long way to go, but he's a definite dynasty prospect. May 1 - 2:20 PM"

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 02:07 AM)
Every name except the Rangers OF are in each team's top 10 current prospects, but none of them are top 50 prospects or so in baseball (since you quoted before my Cardinals addition). Yes, definitely less than Chapman or Miller got, but Robertson is also not even close to their levels. Yeah, he's lights out now, but no one is going to trade for him under the assumption he will be unhittable.

Just trying to be realistic about a guy we all thought needed to be attached to a large chunk of cash to trade this offseason prior to his what, 4 appearances this year?

I thought this thread would be blowing up today with the Bruce Levine report that a trade is likely with Nationals? Thoughts?