David Robertson

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Neither player listed is a Top 100 player. Soto isn't even a top 10 guy for Washington.

He sure is on MLB.com. He's their #3. Also, as an 18 year old in full season ball, his stock is going to be rising quickly. I would expect by midseason he is on most people's top 100.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Neither player listed is a Top 100 player. Soto isn't even a top 10 guy for Washington.

MLB.com currently has Soto as their #3 overall prospect

He would be a fantastic return for Robertson as I think he is a player who will rise up the top 100 prospect lists by mid season

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
He sure is on MLB.com. He's their #3. Also, as an 18 year old in full season ball, his stock is going to be rising quickly. I would expect by midseason he is on most people's top 100.

Apparently I was looking at a 2016 list where he was still #12.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=was

That's their list. Tons of international signings. Soto, Kieboom, Antuna, and Luzardo are the guys I'd target from them.

Washington really needs the bullpen to flounder more before they would be willing to give up more significant prospects

Their once fairly strong system is missing Giolito, Lopez and Dunning as pitching depth for the future

Would be thrilled with Soto and I'd expect that to be what the Sox ask for. Would fulfill the part that Hostetler has discussed where they need to balance out the age talent in our minors, were targeting more HS this year.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
People undervalue relievers until their team needs one.

Save percent this April is down 9% from last year dropping from 69% to 60 % all across baseball. There has been around 70 blown saves in MLB so far and the White Sox have none.

Sox relievers through 14 games 1.41 ERA , 54 K's in 44.2 innings. So odd to have a contending team bullpen while having a rebuilding team offense.

It will be interesting how the offense performs once Frazier gets healthy and Abreu and Melky start to hit better. Or if Delmonica or Hayes replace Asche. May should be sent back down soon if he isn't going to be the starter now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:56 PM)
Save percent this April is down 9% from last year dropping from 69% to 60 % all across baseball. There has been around 70 blown saves in MLB so far and the White Sox have none.

Sox relievers through 14 games 1.41 ERA , 54 K's in 44.2 innings. So odd to have a contending team bullpen while having a rebuilding team offense.

It will be interesting how the offense performs once Frazier gets healthy and Abreu and Melky start to hit better. Or if Delmonica or Hayes replace Asche. May should be sent back down soon if he isn't going to be the starter now.

Small sample and all, but if Kahnle has indeed improved his command, he's a good pitcher.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
Small sample and all, but if Kahnle has indeed improved his command, he's a good pitcher.

Pitch f/x says he's not throwing more pitches in the zone, but instead he's almost doubled the swings on pitches outside the zone. However his velocity is up a couple ticks and he's doubled his swinging strike rate, so this is definitely an encouraging start.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
Pitch f/x says he's not throwing more pitches in the zone, but instead he's almost doubled the swings on pitches outside the zone. However his velocity is up a couple ticks and he's doubled his swinging strike rate, so this is definitely an encouraging start.

Is this compared to his minor or MLB numbers from previous years?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)

Not sure how much the velocity uptick is due to him throwing harder versus how they're measuring velocity this year, but the overall stuff and command look better.

Please be patient with me.

Look, this team is already out of the race. Anybody with ANY knowledge of baseball at all knows this team is disgracefully horrible. So you mean to tell me there's NO WAY we can trade David now while he still can help a team (he always goes in slumps later on where he blows). So there's some 'unwritten rule' in baseball that forbids anybody from making a trade this early? Well that's ridiculous. If a team needs bullpen help it needs bullpen help and it can dump us 2-3 prospects now. So because of this unwritten baseball rule the Sox can't dump Robertson until later when his performance will dictate LESSER return than now. Ridiculous.

And BTW this rebuild is silly because Melky and Frazier have absolutely zero value on the trade market. Nate has zero value. Holland, Shields, the guy we started tonight? Please. Zero value. I think Robertson is the only chip we have to trade. So trade him already.

p.s. I'm assuming we have to wait to trade Q until he starts looking dominant again. His stuff has appeared blah so far this season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
Not sure how much the velocity uptick is due to him throwing harder versus how they're measuring velocity this year, but the overall stuff and command look better.

If he's looking at pitch f/x data this wouldn't matter. Only statcast updated.

I am not sure I would even seriously consider the Nats after what happened publicly on the last trade. I really think they would be gun shy with giving up the talent that Hahn will ask for considering the Eaton trade. Whether that turns out to be a heavily favored trade for the Sox or not has yet to be seen but I still think it hinders the Nats on going all out for Robertson. Whether it was a good trade for them or not they looked really unsure of themselves after it went down which gave the feel like they realized they made a huge mistake. It may have been far from the truth but that sure as hell what it looked like. They dont anything like that to happen again.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 09:01 AM)
I am not sure I would even seriously consider the Nats after what happened publicly on the last trade. I really think they would be gun shy with giving up the talent that Hahn will ask for considering the Eaton trade. Whether that turns out to be a heavily favored trade for the Sox or not has yet to be seen but I still think it hinders the Nats on going all out for Robertson. Whether it was a good trade for them or not they looked really unsure of themselves after it went down which gave the feel like they realized they made a huge mistake. It may have been far from the truth but that sure as hell what it looked like. They dont anything like that to happen again.

Eaton is crushing it right now. I think the Nats are quite happy they made the deal they did make. Prospect evaluators loved the deal for the Sox, but that is because everyone viewed Gio as being this can't miss prospect...reality is there is a lot of work/risk related to Gio and that in and of itself lowers the deal. Eaton is proving last season wasn't a fluke and he has been extremely valuable for the Nats. OPS is above where it was last year, OBP right around .400 (and this is coming off a bit of a slump). Signed for a long time at a bargain rate. They do need to get him back to a corner outfield spot where his defense goes back to being a major plus...but that will likely happen next year.