May 6th Game Thread: White Sox at Baltimore

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 6, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
Danks? And I dont feel bad for him. Dude has guaranteed a major league roster spot, and he's making millions. Shouldn't be playing in the majors. Time to end the experiment. Results have been proven to be the same over and over again.

Covey is making about $3000 for every day he's on the roster...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
Covey has a purpose and it's to delay calling up our important prospects before they're ready. I honestly think some posters here don't realize we're rebuilding. Who exactly would you like to see up instead of Covey?

There's a line of "good for the rebuild" and "no business in the majors".

Dylan Covey has no business in the majors.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 6, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
Covey has a purpose and it's to delay calling up our important prospects before they're ready. I honestly think some posters here don't realize we're rebuilding. Who exactly would you like to see up instead of Covey?

Doug Fister or Tyler Danish.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:11 PM)
Don't think he has it in him. He'll be gone after tonight, and an arm will be added tomorrow.

I'm not sure there's anyone else to bring up. I guess they could try Danish, but he just had his worst start of the season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)

Matt Cooper is nearly 26, not a top prospect and has double the AA innings as Covey. This year he's K'ing 34% of batters and walking 6%. White Sox promoted Quintana straight from AA. I'd much rather see him than Covey, to give one example.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:18 PM)
Matt Cooper is nearly 26, not a top prospect and has double the AA innings as Covey. This year he's K'ing 34% of batters and walking 6%. White Sox promoted Quintana straight from AA. I'd much rather see him than Covey, to give one example.

Yep. Danish, Cooper and Guerrero would all be more interesting. Heck I'd rather give Luebke a shot. Lopez will be up soon enough. Shields and Rodon to follow.

Hopefully this is it for Covey.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
I know I'm obsessed, but Swarzak genuinely can be that guy imo

Why not? What's the worst that can happen? He turns back into Anthony Swarzak?

It would take 4-6 weeks before Swarzak could pitch more than 3. This all would make some sense if he wasn't going to be a free agent at the end of the year...but his value to the team and trade is better suited exactly where he's at.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
Yep. Danish, Cooper and Guerrero would all be more interesting. Heck I'd rather give Luebke a shot. Lopez will be up soon enough. Shields and Rodon to follow.

Lopez has to cut down on those walks before he's ready to come up.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2017 -> 12:11 AM)
Don't think he has it in him. He'll be gone after tonight, and an arm will be added tomorrow.

I will hazard a guess that Dylan will still be here after this game

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:18 PM)

Cooper is a legit prospect and should be developed though. I don't want him being called up before he is ready regardless of his age.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 6, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)

Covey is terrible, but do you honestly want to rush legit prospects so you can be entertained in a rebuilding season?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 6, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
I'm sorry, but WTF are you implying here? A guy striking out 13 per 9 innings in AA is a prospect.

Not even gonna get into it. Feeky is right on the money though.