May 28th Game Thread: Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 28, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Thats if benetti doesnt jinx the s*** out of it...

lol.. glad someone besides me notices how bad bennetti is...

I know its silly and superstitious.. but he may be the worse jinxer out of any announcer I've ever witnessed.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
His fundamentals are below average at SS. Range is great but is sloppy on the routine play.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 28, 2017 -> 03:35 PM)
I heard he was pretty bad defensively in the minors. Then when he came up last year I couldn't believe how good he played. The way he's been playing so far this season is more of what I expected of him. The Sox defense is really going to take a hit when Moncada replaces Sanchez at 2B. Yikes.

He's 23 years old. To think he's a complete product defensively is crazy to me, especially when he has all the tools necessary to be a strong defender and demonstrated that as recently as last season.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 28, 2017 -> 03:47 PM)
lol.. glad someone besides me notices how bad bennetti is...

I know its silly and superstitious.. but he may be the worse jinxer out of any announcer I've ever witnessed.

Very silly. As if Avila crushed that pitch because of something he said

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2017 -> 09:22 PM)
Renteria had Robertson warmed up when he brought in Beck. I don't understand not just bringing him into the game as long as he was warm instead of waiting for trouble. Especially considering their best hitters were coming up.

He has Robertson on his fantasy team

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
Renteria had Robertson warmed up when he brought in Beck. I don't understand not just bringing him into the game as long as he was warm instead of waiting for trouble. Especially considering their best hitters were coming up.

They wanted to get the Save for Robertson. If they bring him in too early, no Save. Plus he wanted to give some quality work for Beck.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 28, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
3rd in the Central.

I give the Sox credit for playing hard, and outperforming their talent. They'll probably still lose 87+ games, but they're watchable.

We can go all the way

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 28, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
They wanted to get the Save for Robertson. If they bring him in too early, no Save. Plus he wanted to give some quality work for Beck.

If he is going to bring him in at the first sign of trouble, even if it wasn't Beck's own doing, just have him come in. There is zero reason David Robertson should be warming up unless you are going to use him. A lot of pitchers aren't in that category but most closers are.

He should be more concerned with White Sox victory totals vs. David Robertson saves. If you are going to warm him up before the 9th started, put him in the game.