DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
Where does Burger slot in terms of our top ten prospects? 6th-10th range maybe?

The top 3 are obvious (Moncada, Kopech, Robert). After that, you can throw Collins, Giolito, Lopez, Burger, Hansen in any order. Wow.. I've been a part of this board, FutureSox, etc for a long time and I've never been as excited about our system as I am now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
I know there are mixed views on posters here who are pro and con Bukauskas, but I can't believe he hasn't been picked yet. Almost steal range now.

Horrific mechanics. Does pretty much everything you don't want a young pitcher to do. I'll be surprised if he doesn't have an arm injury within 3-4 years.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Word. Wonder if there are medical concerns that haven't leaked? Quite odd.

Ah. He's gone now Dirty. Astros... Hey Houston... we'll take him plus others for Quintana. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
The top 3 are obvious (Moncada, Kopech, Robert). After that, you can throw Collins, Giolito, Lopez, Burger, Hansen in any order. Wow.. I've been a part of this board, FutureSox, etc for a long time and I've never been as excited about our system as I am now.

Yeah, completely forgot Hansen.

Internally, he might be raising expectations to the point where he's #2 to Kopech.

So Burger could legitimately be #7-9. That's crazy.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:33 PM)
Kevin Millar?? I'll gladly take Kevin Millar.

I was hoping for White but I'm fine with the Burger pick and the Millar comp. Should be interesting to see what he ends up signing for.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
We were pleased to see he was still on the board at our pick.

Our farm needed a power bat and burger should provide solid pop. We might look back and be very happy with this selection in a few years.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:41 PM)
Ah. He's gone now Dirty. Astros... Hey Houston... we'll take him plus others for Quintana. :lol:

I still think he's going to be a steal. Not sure the mileage on his arm but wonder if the stros would consider pitching him out of the pen in the majors sometime this year? Not sure how that bullpen has fared this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Yeah, completely forgot Hansen.

Internally, he might be raising expectations to the point where he's #2 to Kopech.

So Burger could legitimately be #7-9. That's crazy.

Two years ago he would have been #2 :lol:

Love having a good farm

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
I still think he's going to be a steal. Not sure the mileage on his arm but wonder if the stros would consider pitching him out of the pen in the majors sometime this year? Not sure how that bullpen has fared this year.

Still can't trust Giles and Gregerson 100%.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 06:46 PM)
I still think he looks like Josh Fields

He actually reminded me of Tatis Sr. the first time I watched him physically. Or Gary Gaetti.

Hopefully the strength and conditioning staff can turn him into Luis Robert 2. Not likely.