6/13 Games

flavum

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
Look at Collins' numbers on the season. Low BA, High K's/BB's and hits bombs. I'm not saying its a bad thing but it looks like an Adam Dunn stat line. Which, as starved for power as the Sox are, I'd happily take.

If Collins' defensive improvements are legit and he can hit like Adam Dunn he'll end up being one of the best catchers in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
For those that are watching a lot, why is Moncada striking out so much? Early on, he was taking a lot of strikes

This last PA, that was not the case. He took 3 balls off the plate, then took a strike, then fouled a pitch off, then swung through strike 3. All of the strikes seemed to be waist high and outer part of the plate....pitches he should be able to square up and take the opposite way.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
Look at Collins' numbers on the season. Low BA, High K's/BB's and hits bombs. I'm not saying its a bad thing but it looks like an Adam Dunn stat line. Which, as starved for power as the Sox are, I'd happily take.

His strikeouts should go down. His average should go up. I am very hopeful that his offensive slump has mainly been because of how much effort he has been putting in defense.

If Collins can put up Adam Dunn numbers with league average defense behind the plate he'd be so valuable it's ridiculous.

Really great performances recently by the bottom half of our starting rotation guys....Adams, Guerrero, Danish (his mlb start), Hickman, and more help's on the way. Jordan Stephens. Not to mention Flores, too.

Plus at the least three more pitchers on the way from the draft.

Edited by caulfield12

Between AA and AAA, at age 21, Adam Dunn hit .334/.449/.664. At age 22 (same as Collins now) Dunn put up 56 XBH in the bigs. Collins has a long way to go to find Adam Dunn's shadow.

before the season began i picked Jordan Guerrero as my break out candidate and after a horrid April he has been on fire. Even in April he was still limiting walks and striking out a ton of guys. I see a lot of oft injured former Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia in him and if the sox can get a 3/4 out of a 15th round pick that would be quite impressive.

Calling our future rotation.

Giolito

Rodon

Kopech

Guerrero

Hansen

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:07 PM)
before the season began i picked Jordan Guerrero as my break out candidate and after a horrid April he has been on fire. Even in April he was still limiting walks and striking out a ton of guys. I see a lot of oft injured former Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia in him and if the sox can get a 3/4 out of a 15th round pick that would be quite impressive.

Giolito

Rodon

Kopech

Guerrero

Hansen

Giving you a bullpen/trade bait in Fulmer, Adams, Dunning, Stephens, Burdi and Lopez, among others. (And our most recent draft class, as well).

I would have Hansen ahead of Guerrero, though, based on pure stuff.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 12:07 AM)

Giolito

Rodon

Kopech

Guerrero

Hansen

My list would be close:

1. Kopech

2. Rodon

3. Lopez

4. Giolito

5. Guerrero

Hansen has the potential, but hasn't produced outside of low-A yet.