2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Hmmmm I would do it either way. Whether you include Lavine or not but definitely yes if Lavine is included. Wiggins gets you younger and will give you pretty much the same offensive production as Jimmy minus the defense and you get your guy Fox at 7.

This team needs to rebuild. Its going to be a roll of the dice no matter which way you look at it. Majority of NBA teams arent as dumb as Brooklyn to give organization crippling returns on trades.

Nailed it. They're either bad (Wiggins just hasn't panned out) or Wiggins thrives in a new situation. This team needs to get blown up.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
Ready for all this excitement only to pick a non-athlete at 16

I would normally think this way and have thought this way up until this point.

My gut tells me the Bulls do some weird s*** tonight.

Fox is the guy I like. He just has the "other" factor that makes me feel like when he gets to the NBA he is going to get even better.

Problem is that he is going to be tricky to get as I think you need the 4th pick, so even if the Bulls get #7 they have to figure out how to get #4. Are both bulls picks in this years draft enough? I think that requires Jackson to be picked #3 and then maybe Suns will be willing to move down.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Unfortunately I dont think Fox is there at 7. I think Fox goes 4/5. And I personally think people may look back at this draft and wonder how Fox fell.

Its unfortunate that there is no way that the Sun/Bulls match at all. Because I think 4 is the pick you need to get Fox.

I agree with you and I also agree that Fox isn't there at 7. Then again, everyone thought Dunn was going to be a stud last year and look at people's views of him this year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
Thats not the offer.

The offer is #3 tonight, a lottery pick tonight (probably 10-15 range) and another player.

Wrong

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported Thursday that the New York Knicks have asked the Boston Celtics for a hefty return in a potential trade for Kristaps Porzingis.

According to Isola, the Knicks asked for the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Brooklyn Nets' first-round pick in 2018 and forwards Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
I agree with you and I also agree that Fox isn't there at 7. Then again, everyone thought Dunn was going to be a stud last year and look at people's views of him this year.

I don't think there is any way he gets past Sacramento at 5.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)

I didnt like Dunn :D

But I think most of the time I dont like players so its easy to say that.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:58 PM)
Wrong

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported Thursday that the New York Knicks have asked the Boston Celtics for a hefty return in a potential trade for Kristaps Porzingis.

According to Isola, the Knicks asked for the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Brooklyn Nets' first-round pick in 2018 and forwards Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder.

Lol

That is the Knicks offer, I said what the Celtics offer was.

The Celtics (NOT KNICKS) offered #3, a player and a potential lottery pick they believe they can obtain in this draft.

Maybe read the thread?

I hate the middle of this draft and would love to trade down from 16.

Portland has 20 and 26. Portland probably doesn't do that

Lakers have 27 and 28. Not enough.

Utah has 24, 30 and 42. I'd do it for those 3 but most probably wont.

I love love Semi Ojeleye amd you can take some stashed fliers on some foreigners with the other 3 picks youd have.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)

Fox's speed gives him something more immediately interesting. He'll have a learning curve ala John Wall, but it will be fun to watch early.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 04:58 PM)
Wrong

Bulls should have moved Jimmy before Porzingis hit the market.

#3 + Brown + Brooklyn pick and filler might have been doable.

Maybe throw in the #16 and a pick swap for 2019?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)

From all the rumors Celts were never putting BKN pick on the table for either Prozingis or Butler.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)

That is what I would have wanted...but Boston has supposedly refused to put anything more then one of those assets on the table (and with some rumors...not even some of these assets).

Lavine, Dunn, and the 7th pick. I wanted Wiggins, but I also am a huge Levine fan (that said...I am sketchy on his ACL injury). So much risk. If Levine wasn't coming off the injury, I'd actually be giddy. Upside there...risk is also there.

What happens with Wade?