2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 04:58 PM)
And the Bulls took a giant s*** while I was typing.

WHY THE f*** ARE THEY GIVING UP THE 16TH PICK?!!?!?!

That's really f***ing dumb.

I'm not a fan of Dunn or LaVine. Dunn is only about 3 years younger than Butler and sucked last year. As for LaVine, I think he looks sexier in highlights than he does on the floor. He can dunk and shoot 3's reasonably well, that's about it. The T-Wolves played better after he got hurt. Speaking of which, that's another huge issue.

I agree with you on the pick. Dunn is 4.5 years younger than Jimmy though. I do like Lavine. The injury is the big issue. I have a friend in an NBA front office and he has long been a big fan of Lavine (in fact over Wiggins). This person is a scout (not like a full GM...so I should caveat it). This info is from last season too (so nothing fresh).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:24 PM)
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Does anyone know a good defense attorney? I need some help evaluating my options. Can I pull off a justifiable homicide defense?

You would have nothing to worry about. No jury of your peers would ever find you guilty.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
For those that said we don't have shooting...we did add 2 3 point shooters (+ Dunn) as well as overall athleticism. I legitimately wonder what happens with Wade. For those who wanted it...Bulls picked a lane.

Yes. One where they have the worst front office in basketball.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
For those that said we don't have shooting...we did add 2 3 point shooters (+ Dunn) as well as overall athleticism. I legitimately wonder what happens with Wade. For those who wanted it...Bulls picked a lane.

Remember all those clips from last season with Wade not playing defense? There's gonna be a whole lot more of those this winter.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 05:40 PM)
Remember all those clips from last season with Wade not playing defense? There's gonna be a whole lot more of those this winter.

Too bad Doc Rivers isn't the GM in LA (otherwise I would say we could move him).

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
Depth Chart

PG: Rondo Payne MCW Dunn Grant Canaan

SG: Wade LaVine Valentine

SF: Zipser

PF: Portis Mirotic Markinnen

C: Lopez

lol shoot me

Why aren't we dumping Lopez for a pick? Worried the Bulls will half-ass it and try to compete for a 8th spot instead of legitimately tank.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)
Why aren't we dumping Lopez for a pick? Worried the Bulls will half-ass it and try to compete for a 8th spot instead of legitimately tank.

I wonder if we don't see some more trades (given what we just did). What I thought was going to be a very predictable off-season just got more interesting (hopefully for the better). Either way, come late October, I'll be watching.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)
Love that this draft is absolutely stacked with point guards that would be a perfect fit for the modern NBA so Bulls trade for the bust PG from last year and draft a big

Yep Dennis Smith Jr will put up monster stats

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)
I just don't understand how the bulls had to give up 16.

It'd be one thing if it was 5 and you got foxx, but 7 is a complete crap shoot in this draft.

It is ridiculous to think the Wolves would have walked away from Jimmy Butler over the #16th pick.