2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 05:02 PM)
Lavine was starting to play real well before he got hurt so I'm happy to get him. Would have been real happy with this if we didn't include the 16. Oh well, at least they're trying something.

Are we sure they did?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:02 PM)
Lavine was starting to play real well before he got hurt so I'm happy to get him. Would have been real happy with this if we didn't include the 16. Oh well, at least they're trying something.

100% agree with this. Giving up the 16th makes it suck.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:04 PM)
Bulls front office is total s***

Meh. Make this team terrible. Get in the lottery every year. Build something new. Thank God we're not going in with that three alpha bullcrap anymore.

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:05 PM)
At least they picked a lane - the s***ter.

Good. More high draft picks

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:03 PM)
We managed to trade McDermott, Gibson AND a pick for CAM f***ING PAYNE. Now we have to trade Bulter AND a first round pick for Torn ACL, future bust, and a 7th pick? This is the worst FO in the history of NBA!

Don't forget they traded 2 firsts to get McDermott.

If they take Markkanen, I will personally disembowel GarPax. Lauri Markkanen is Finnish for Andrea Bargnani.

I just got back from Montana and I just holy S***ted enough to come on here and say that.

Trading a guy this good and it seems like they get a number of decent probability lottery tickets. Not a single thing you feel confident in. It could work out great, but does anyone have confidence that it will with this org? Does anyone have confidence that the management will be replaced if LaVine flops for 2 more seasons because their scouting is terrible?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)

If they take Markkanen, I will personally disembowel GarPax. Lauri Markkanen is Finnish for Andrea Bargnani.

Yea I forgot about that. If I'm an NBA GM, I'd call Gar Forman everyday. At least I know I can take his balls and some draft picks with me. Dude is absolutely clueless.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:12 PM)
Who do want the Bulls to take at #7 now?

Got to be Isaac since they already have 7 billion guards. Too bad, because Smith or Monk would be good in a vacuum.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)

Sounds like that's why they're taking. Awful. The guy sounds like Channing Frye.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 07:14 PM)
It's Lauri

Lauri Markkanen is a Finnish basketball player who most recently played for the University of Arizona. He is the son of Finnish basketball players Pekka and Riikka Markkanen.

Born: May 22, 1997 (age 20), Vantaa, Finland

Height: 7′ 0″

Weight: 255 lbs

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 06:59 PM)
That is a terrible f***ing return. Jesus. I wouldnt have done that for just Butler, but the16th pick too?

That's what killed it for me. I was fine with a 3 for 1, but us giving up the pick made the deal terrible for me.