6/14 Games

caulfield12

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20170614

Well, no LUIS RoBBer and no Reynaldo Lopez for Charlotte. Lamb instead.

Guess they're getting pushed back a day, Fulmer was originally scheduled for tmrw.

Moncada fouled off a bunch of pitches against LHP Cody Reed and flew out to opposite field. Couple borderline strike 3 calls went his way.

Edited by caulfield12

If there's one thing the Sox deserve the benefit of the doubt on it's keeping pitchers healthy. There's such a massive gap between them and the next closest team in terms of DL days missed (pick nearly whatever time span you want they always show up as the best medical staff in baseball) it's ridiculous.

Also, the Verducci effect has been debunked many times already.

Edited by maxjusttyped

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
No correlation with Danks I guess...

We're a long ways away from teams being able to completely prevent pitcher injuries. Gavin Floyd eventually broke down. So did Danks. So did Jake Peavy. Who knows when we'll see Nate Jones on the mound again. But if you look at a larger sample size no organization in baseball can touch the Sox track record in terms of preventing injuries.

Collins with a really good AB. Still firmly believe the average will come up a bit as the BABIP gets closer to last year.

I know the K's are a bit mystifying, but his batting eye is amazing. If he learns how to be more aggressive early in the count I can absolutely see the K rate coming down as he moves up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 07:33 PM)
Adams three groundouts in the first inning.

He'll probably get shelled now that I've said this, but Adams stock has improved significantly this season. K's, BB's and GB's all trending in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see how his "never walk anyone" approach works in Charlotte.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 12:45 AM)
Still seeing way too many offensive players regress rather than progress while in the White Sox system.

I was thinking today how Booker is only hitter over .300 in the minor league system. Pretty pathetic

Basabe might be the bigger concern...and still think Moncada isn't quite 100% with that wrist. Those tend to linger.

Fisher's doing fine. Delmonico. Call got hurt. Adolfo's made a lot of progress, and Trey/Hawkins/Barnum were already being written off, at least the latter two.