Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
Unless he's going to absolutely destroy his leg and cost himself 2+ seasons of development next year, then Jared Mitchell is a pretty poor comparison.

Check out Mitchell's offensive numbers from his 2011 season and Ray's this season. Nearly identical at the same age. Ray has a higher slash line overall but it appears to be inflated by a .385 BABIP (well above his .299 BABIP last season in A+). K and BB rates very similar as well.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...amp;position=OF

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...amp;position=OF

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
Unless he's going to absolutely destroy his leg and cost himself 2+ seasons of development next year, then Jared Mitchell is a pretty poor comparison.

Mitchell's leg injury had nothing to do with his inability to swing and actually make contact. It's a great theory, but really makes no sense. He was swing and miss before it, and swing and miss after.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 11:17 AM)
Mike Trout should be the most valuable 24th pick of all time. And in a White Sox uniform.

The Sox picked 23rd in that draft. Randal Grichuk was the 24th pick, also to the Angels. But your point still stands.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 12:30 PM)
Mitchell's leg injury had nothing to do with his inability to swing and actually make contact. It's a great theory, but really makes no sense. He was swing and miss before it, and swing and miss after.

Concur for the most part. Ventura tore his foot off and his hitting showed no effect.

Bottom line, I want no part of Corey Ray as the centerpiece in a Q trade.

I agree with the other posters that NYY, LA, and HOU all line up as better trade partners in a Q deal. I also think those 3 teams are much more likely to make a trade for someone like Q because they are in the midst of their competitive window (NYY just now hitting their stride) while the Brewers are just beginning to scratch the surface.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2017/0...a_doesnt_w.html

This article says Quintana doesn't want to leave Chicago for a pennant chase. They cite Nick Cafardo from the Boston Globe.

---

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2017/0...white_soxs.html

And another article from the same nj.com, about whether they should bite on Quintana or not.

Edited by Soha

Something doesn't seem right about Chance Adams. His numbers are ridiculous. But why would the Yankees call up Luis Cessa to start for Sabathia when they are trying to win the division? Are you telling me that Adams didn't deserve an audition based upon how well he's pitched in his minor league career? To me, he seems like someone the Yankees would prefer to keep in the minor leagues and then trade at the deadline. I don't think they want to risk him possibly being exposed at the major league level. Just a hunch on my part. I can't figure out how a competing team would not bring someone like that up to make a start instead of basically forfeiting with Luis Cessa.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)
All athletic outfielders are jared mitchell until the end of time.

No, some are Courtney Hawkins. Others are Keenyn Walker. Others are Adam Engel or Jacob May. Point being the White Sox don't have much success with this type of player, and Jared Mitchell isn't the only example of that.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
If they're willing to start a package with Acuna, they'd immediately move toward the head of the line. He's tearing up AA as a 19-year-old (.324/.378/.482 at the moment).

Who else do the Braves have hitting-wise in their system? I feel like they will have interest but I'm not sure they will end up dealing a package built of mostly hitting. I will accept their interest though.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
Who else do the Braves have hitting-wise in their system? I feel like they will have interest but I'm not sure they will end up dealing a package built of mostly hitting. I will accept their interest though.

Maybe Albies if you are willing to move Moncada to CF (and you don't believe in Yolmer). That would greatly improve the team's defensive outlook. I think Maitan is a good prospect, but he doesn't seem realistic since the Braves probably wouldn't want to deal him at this point and it'd be risky anyway as a 16-year-old guy with zero minor league at bats.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)

Braves have a loaded farm system of young talent.

Albies, Maitan, Acuna, Allard, Soroka, Anderson, Demeritte, Gohara, Riley, Pache, Wentz, Wiegel, Minter, Jackson, Morris, Toussaint, Sims, etc.

They could definitely get involved in Quintana at any point, but they have not shown a willingness to part with top talent yet.