Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 06:30 PM)
This is the same surgery that John Danks and Johan Santana had. If their recoveries (or lack thereof) are any indication of what is to come, the Dodgers had a guy go from top overall prospect to non prospect

Is it a capsular repair? i can't seem to find any information on it. If so, it's a tough one. One major advantage is age. He is quite a bit younger than either of them were at the time of surgery.

edit: i found it. It is the same surgery for the capsule. Much will depend on the extent of the damage to the cuff or the labrum.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
Is it a capsular repair? i can't seem to find any information on it. If so, it's a tough one. One major advantage is age. He is quite a bit younger than either of them were at the time of surgery.

Yep.

Which offer do you take for Q:

Astros - Tucker, Paulino, Fisher, Colin Moran

Dodgers - Verdugo, Calhoun, Buehler, Kyle Farmer

Rockies - Rodgers, Tapia, McMahon, Almonte

Yankees - Frazier/Rutherford, Mateo, Sheffield, Florial

Which deals would require a + (be it Frazier for the Yankees, relievers for the others) to get it done, how much, etc.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 08:50 AM)

Which deals would require a + (be it Frazier for the Yankees, relievers for the others) to get it done, how much, etc.

I don't personally think we will get THAT much but these are probably close. I'd go Astros though

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
I don't personally think we will get THAT much but these are probably close. I'd go Astros though

That's why I included the +, because Q on his own can't draw those packages after his start.

Would also likely have to scrap Mateo and Tucker for lesser pieces.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 10:50 AM)

I think both dodgers and yankees wouldn't do those packages. Both are 3 top 100 prospects packages which we only got 2 for sale trade. Plus i remember reading that the dodgers were high on buehler and not sure he would be available. Sox would probably need to add more to the dodgers or yankees .

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 08:34 AM)
That's why I included the +, because Q on his own can't draw those packages after his start.

Would also likely have to scrap Mateo and Tucker for lesser pieces.

Not sure on the stros pen but I'd add kahnle to get the original package

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 11:44 AM)
Not sure on the stros pen but I'd add kahnle to get the original package

The Astros have one of the best, if not the best, bullpens in the game. As good as Kahnle is, I just don't see him moving the meter much for the Astros at the moment.

Tucker is the guy I really want from the Astros, but would people take the following deal:

Martes, Perez, Fisher, & Alvarez.

Fisher was crushing the ball in AAA and is major league ready. He's really grown on me this year and could be Melky's immediate replacement. Perez is a very interesting SP prospect that has pitched very well in the Carolina League this year. Alvarez is a 1B but has huge helium due to his ridiculous numbers in low A (1.126 OPS). And Martes would be a great buy-low candidate if the Astros are willing to move him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
Tucker is the guy I really want from the Astros, but would people take the following deal:

Fisher was crushing the ball in AAA and is major league ready. He's really grown on me this year and could be Melky's immediate replacement. Perez is a very interesting SP prospect that has pitched very well in the Carolina League this year. Alvarez is a 1B but has huge helium due to his ridiculous numbers in low A (1.126 OPS). And Martes would be a great buy-low candidate if the Astros are willing to move him.

At this point, yes.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)

They can keep Martes, I'd take Tucker/Fisher and a couple A ball players

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 06:01 PM)
They can keep Martes, I'd take Tucker/Fisher and a couple A ball players

Now that Fisher is up w Astros, I doubt they will trade him unless he struggles. So far he is doing well. If he is hitting well and they trade him, the rest of the package probably lessens.

I think Rodgers is the best prospect in the bunch. I would take less on the secondary pieces to get him.

Tanaka, fwiw, finally pitched like an ace against Darvish the other night.

This issue essentially comes down to this, who is THE best individual player a team would be willing to part with for Q right now? Quality vs. quantity.

Edited by caulfield12

Rockies, easily. Probably would be Quintana + Kahnle and maybe even more

I'd be surprised if the Sox were offered any of these deals in July - even if Q were pitching more consistently.

He's more of an off-season trade; unless he throws well the next month and there are no other pitchers of his abilities on the market.

It's tough for teams to give up the talent that matches the value; it's easier when players are on their walk year or the year before.

Astros for sure, but that Rockies package is interesting. Give me Dahl instead of McMahon and Almonte and I'd much prefer the Rockies. Or Dahl instead of Almonte, and Sox throw in a reliever. Heck, I'd give them Robertson.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 11:54 AM)
Astros for sure, but that Rockies package is interesting. Give me Dahl instead of McMahon and Almonte and I'd much prefer the Rockies. Or Dahl instead of Almonte, and Sox throw in a reliever. Heck, I'd give them Robertson.

What's wrong with McMahon? With the way he's playing this year, he's probably my favorite piece after Rogers.