6/26 games

maxjusttyped

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Wtf is going on with Charlotte, especially their pitching? The ERAs are sickening

I mean, the defense has been terrible. That's not going to help. Either is starting half your games at BB&T Ballpark. Obviously the big three have underperformed (especially Fulmer), but their ERAs were always going to be a bit inflated given the circumstances. I still have full confidence in both Lopez & Giolito based on my expectations coming into the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
Fulmer is so going to be a reliever. What a massive disappointment as a starter.

I Think at this point I'd be reasonably happy with him being an effective reliever. The command has never been there, but what happened to him missing bats? K rate has plummeted

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 02:13 AM)
I Think at this point I'd be reasonably happy with him being an effective reliever. The command has never been there, but what happened to him missing bats? K rate has plummeted

Yeah even him being an effective reliever is in question. Sounds like they are trying to make him a sinker baller, which is silly to me. He's just not very good anymore

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
Yeah even him being an effective reliever is in question. Sounds like they are trying to make him a sinker baller, which is silly to me. He's just not very good anymore

They also changed his delivery. Kid had a funky like motion (Lincecum like) and now he mostly pitches out of the stretch. Not a fan.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 12:20 AM)
Adolfo - 2/3, HR, 2B, BB, 3 RBI (Avg. at .290)

Frost - 2/5, 2 2B, RBI

Yurchak - 2/4

Agar - 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K

Micker Adolfo is quietly having his best pro season yet and has been red hot lately. He's started drawing more walks this past week, although he's still striking out way too often.

The power has really started to show as well, with 4 homers in his last 10 games (.351 batting average). I'm happy for him and hope he continues to build on his recent success.

I know, arbitrary starts and all that.

But Micker started off April injured and cold hitting 233/292/300

Since then, he's hit .309/.355/.585 good for a .940 OPS. He started turning his May doubles into June home runs.

He still k's a lot, and his slash line isn't great when he falls behind, but what a turn of events for this guy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
I know, arbitrary starts and all that.

But Micker started off April injured and cold hitting 233/292/300

Since then, he's hit .309/.355/.585 good for a .940 OPS. He started turning his May doubles into June home runs.

He still k's a lot, and his slash line isn't great when he falls behind, but what a turn of events for this guy.

At this stage you are looking for progress and improvement. I think an argument can be made that he is the most improved minor leaguer in the entire Sox system this year. While there is still plenty of room for improvement, seeing Micker start to push towards his potential thrills me to no end, especially in a system that still lacks a lot of top end positional potential.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
And the power. One thing if he's just hitting for higher average, but the power at age 20 is really nice to see

The power is his calling card, so that is extra nice. Having him on pace for 20+ homers is great at this age, as usually power is the last thing to come.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Think we'll see any Adolfo in the backend of any mid season top 100s?

Two things would need to happen in my eyes. #1, he keeps up this ridiculous run and he ends up with 25-30 homers, along with a respectable batting average. #2, K's come down into the 25% range.