Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

Interesting exchange between RaBBit and Josh Nelson from SSS

@BrianBilek_

#WhiteSox are one of five teams who haven't announced a starting pitcher for Friday night. Coincidence? Perhaps.

4:06 PM - 11 Jul 2017

@SSS_joshnelson

Replying to @BrianBilek_

Tomorrow could be a busy day

4:08 PM - 11 Jul 2017

@BrianBilek_

Replying to @SSS_joshnelson

Yeah I'm leaning towards Q never pitches for Sox again.

4:27 PM - 11 Jul 2017

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)
So do you all think the Sox leaked the "Quintana is moving soon" bits to get the 29 other GMs to grab their nuts n get to work?

I just think in general, there's a lot of posturing by everyone. He very well could get traded before Friday, but it wouldn't surprise me if he has 1-3 starts left with the Sox either.

More Dave:

whitesoxdave‏

@barstoolWSD

PSA: If you DM me (looking at about 50 of you) looking for Sox info I'm obligated to just ignore the DM, just have fun the next few days

---------------------------

"few days"...

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)
So do you all think the Sox leaked the "Quintana is moving soon" bits to get the 29 other GMs to grab their nuts n get to work?

Nope, I think what it comes down to is that Hahn and other teams have made offers that the White Sox are comfortable taking at this juncture so now they're saying something along the lines of, "we've received an offer we can accept for Jose Quintana. To be fair to everyone involved, please provide us your best offer and you will know within the next couple of hours what we've decided."

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Carmen DeFalco‏

@CarmenDeFalco

Some Q stuff; from source, "stating to feel like it won't be long. Braves making push since weekend. Brewers and Rockies, too." #WhiteSox

Which is funny, because it's ultimately three small/mid market teams after him. I'll give Hahn credit, the Brewers & Rockies probably weren't willing to commit the prospect capital this offseason to add a guy like Quintana. Their fast starts and open paths to the playoffs have made them buyers. The Braves have obviously been interested for a while, but hopefully having a few other teams in the mix pushes them to offer something that we'd actually consider. Really surprised the Yankees are sitting on the sidelines for now if the rumors are true.

This is getting really exciting and I'm starting to think the Rockies are the team that lands him. He looked incredible in Coors last week, the Rockies desperately need a starter who has the stamina to pitch deep into October, and their front office is a little bit crazy. With a couple key guys only under control for another year or two (Blackmon & Arenado), it's really now or never for them to make a big move with this core.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
Which is funny, because it's ultimately three small/mid market teams after him. I'll give Hahn credit, the Brewers & Rockies probably weren't willing to commit the prospect capital this offseason to add a guy like Quintana. Their fast starts and open paths to the playoffs have made them buyers. The Braves have obviously been interested for a while, but hopefully having a few other teams in the mix pushes them to offer something that we'd actually consider. Really surprised the Yankees are sitting on the sidelines for now if the rumors are true.

This is getting really exciting and I'm starting to think the Rockies are the team that lands him. He looked incredible in Coors last week, the Rockies desperately need a starter who has the stamina to pitch deep into October, and their front office is a little bit crazy. With a couple key guys only under control for another year or two (Blackmon & Arenado), it's really now or never for them to make a big move with this core.

Que the Mr. Burns "muhahahahahah - excellent" meme. :lol:

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)

Would have to imagine the Sox are would insist on Rodgers be including in any potential quintana deal.

Brinson for the Brewers and Acuna/Albie's/maitan for the braves

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
Would have to imagine the Sox are would insist on Rodgers be including in any potential quintana deal.

Brinson for the Brewers and Acuna/Albie's/maitan for the braves

This is what concerns me about what Rabbit and others have said regarding us being disappointed...

I suspect if Rodgers or some of these other headliners were involved, people would not necessarily be hugely disappointed.

It makes me think we'll get more of a depth package.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:22 PM)
This is what concerns me about what Rabbit and others have said regarding us being disappointed...

I suspect if Rodgers or some of these other headliners were involved, people would not necessarily be hugely disappointed.

Agreed and the guy on twitter reporting the Braves interest isn't exactly listing big prospects as possibilities.

For the record, would hate a depth package for Q. Need at least one "sure thing"

I just don't see how a deal could get done with Colorado that would make us fans happy unless Rodgers was included. Who would be the headliner? Pint? Sorry, but that requires WAAAYYY too much projection to be the headliner for Q. Tapia? Like the player, but again, I don't see it as a headliner. Other than Rodgers, I don't see that main piece in their system. I like McMahon and would want him included in any trade, but he's not a headliner.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 12:29 AM)
I just don't see how a deal could get done with Colorado that would make us fans happy unless Rodgers was included. Who would be the headliner? Pint? Sorry, but that requires WAAAYYY too much projection to be the headliner for Q. Tapia? Like the player, but again, I don't see it as a headliner. Other than Rodgers, I don't see that main piece in their system. I like McMahon and would want him included in any trade, but he's not a headliner.

Tapia, McMahon and Pint would be a good deal. With that said, I don't think Rockies trade for Q.

Edited by fathom