Moncada being called up

Sockin

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:33 AM)
I think they want him to learn to play at this level now, so that he is fairly developed when the next wave of kids come up in a 18 months or so...

"waves of talent"

And his service clock is such that the Sox don't get to keep him any longer even if they waited until early next year to call him up. As long as you're confident that he won't be so overwhelmed up here that it will hurt his development, it's better to get him up here against the best competition and presumably with the best coaches.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:30 PM)
And his service clock is such that the Sox don't get to keep him any longer even if they waited until early next year to call him up. As long as you're confident that he won't be so overwhelmed up here that it will hurt his development, it's better to get him up here against the best competition and presumably with the best coaches.

Because his walk rate is so good, and he strikes out looking often, I'm glad he's getting some time to work with a presumably better strike zone.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
Hansen

Melky

Abreu

Avi

Davidson

Moncada (2B)

Anderson

Navarez

Sanchez (DH)

yesssssss. Bet marketing wishes they didn't call him on what I assume will already be a decent turnout for GoT night.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:42 PM)
Any other good tidbits?

"There's certainly players of interest still on our club that other teams are calling us about."

Paraphrasing Hahn's response when asked about more trades in the next couple weeks.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
"There's certainly players of interest still on our club that other teams are calling us about."

Paraphrasing Hahn's response when asked about more trades in the next couple weeks.

"Melky...we'll take a bag of balls and a souvenir cup for him"

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Something tells me we are going to keep Abreu for as long as we can. And when he retires I could see us keeping him in the organization somehow to help with recruiting Cuban players here

Yep a player like him has a ton of non statistical value. It's like a really good college recruiter, you can get a nice pipeline rolling.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 04:03 PM)
What would be a good 2.5 months for Moncada?

Off of my head I'd consider the following good for him. Not what I am expecting per se, but it would be a good start.

BA- .275

OBP- .330

HR- 9 HR

K rate- 27%

E's

Edited by SonofaRoache

Single=Throw one Twinkie on the field

Double=2 (or packet filled with 2, lol)

Triple=3

HR=4

SB=??? (Still working on it)

That would be way cool marketing, the Chevy Pride Girls could pick them all up after they littered the field, of course, it wouldn't delay the game at all, haha...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 06:36 PM)
Single=Throw one Twinkie on the field

Double=2 (or packet filled with 2, lol)

Triple=3

HR=4

SB=??? (Still working on it)

That would be way cool marketing, the Chevy Pride Girls could pick them all up after they littered the field, of course, it wouldn't delay the game at all, haha...

I actually really like this lol.