Can Rodon become a quality mlb starter?

Dominikk85

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
The dude is just always hurt... I wonder if its come time to explore him as a closer or dominate andrew miller type reliever. Maybe he can stay healthy that way

This is idea to keep in mind if things don't turn around. The Braves made Smoltz the closer when he had arm problems. Smoltz closed for 3+ years before going back to starting.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
I do not trust the Sox on Rodon, something is not right and they know it.

It's not a trust issue. Of course they know something's wrong, they put him on the DL. The issue is that they can't figure it out. Rodon pretty much said this.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)
Story in Sun-Times this morning. Quotes Rodon a lot. Sox apparently STILL can't figure out what's wrong with him: :huh:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/white-s...ry-on-shoulder/

This whole Rodon thing has EASILY been the absolute definitively WORST part of 2017. :ph34r:

Unless you somehow believed Charlie Tilson was the second coming of Ken Griffey Jr. :bang

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 02:09 AM)
This whole Rodon thing has EASILY been the absolute definitively WORST part of 2017. :ph34r:

Unless you somehow believed Charlie Tilson was the second coming of Ken Griffey Jr. :bang

No doubt. This is starting to look like a Mark Prior issue. Lots of problems, no answers and insisting his mechanics are good. although, I had issues with Priors taining and mechanics. The only issue I have with Rodon is still his lack of follow through.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:25 AM)
No doubt. This is starting to look like a Mark Prior issue. Lots of problems, no answers and insisting his mechanics are good. although, I had issues with Priors taining and mechanics. The only issue I have with Rodon is still his lack of follow through.

He seems very upright in his last movements. He also looks like he throws across his body and his arm almost rebounds back during his recovery phase. His motion is not typical of someone who can generate the type of velocity he can. People have all sorts of odd mechanics. But it always amazed me on his stuff with the way his mechanics look.

Hopefully everything is fine.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
He seems very upright in his last movements. He also looks like he throws across his body and his arm almost rebounds back during his recovery phase. His motion is not typical of someone who can generate the type of velocity he can. People have all sorts of odd mechanics. But it always amazed me on his stuff with the way his mechanics look.

Hopefully everything is fine.

Yes. in general, he doesn't use his trunk or lower extremities to dissipate the force of the pitch. All of the force is concentrated in the shoulder. This leads to inconsistent command and possible injury in the shoulder. There are odd mechanics and then there are that we can look at and determine they may put extra force concentrated in an area. This does not always lead to injuries but it can make you worry about it. His follow through mechanics seem to be coming more popular for whatever reason as you see more pitchers coming to the MLB with this.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 10:13 PM)
After you've been largely absent lately, you come back and drop a bomb like this... I love you, man. :lol:

Some bomb. It's more a teaser than actual info. It's like tune into the next episode of as the Rodon turns. It doesn't make the info get here any faster.