2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Martellus Bennett is just like Brandon Marshall- no matter what team signs them despite all of the past baggage, fan bases can't wait to watch them play for their team. When will people learn?

And just think, Emery and Trestman thought it would be a good idea to have them both on the same team at once.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
Martellus Bennett is just like Brandon Marshall- no matter what team signs them despite all of the past baggage, fan bases can't wait to watch them play for their team. When will people learn?

And just think, Emery and Trestman thought it would be a good idea to have them both on the same team at once.

For a year, it was pretty good. The Bears had an actual offense.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)

He did win with the Patriots last year, so he has that step up on Marshall

@RapSheet

2h2 hours ago

Just reported on @gmfb: The #Packers waived TE Martellus Bennett because of a torn rotator cuff, per sources. He may try to play through it, but if he cannot, the #Patriots could put him on Injured Reserve. No risk for them.

This whole story is really weird. I'm sure there is more to it, but we probably won't know for a while.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 09:37 AM)
This whole story is really weird. I'm sure there is more to it, but we probably won't know for a while.

Tom Silverstein called in to Mully and Hanley this morning and said some players think he quit on them and just was looking for a way out

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)
Tom Silverstein called in to Mully and Hanley this morning and said some players think he quit on them and just was looking for a way out

I saw on Twitter yesterday that he was playing through the injury, then as soon as Rodgers got hurt, he said f*** it, I'm not playing anymore, put me on IR.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
I saw on Twitter yesterday that he was playing through the injury, then as soon as Rodgers got hurt, he said f*** it, I'm not playing anymore, put me on IR.

I don't really blame him for that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 11:33 AM)
Maybe I'm forgetting, but was there ever really that much drama with him when he was in Chicago?

It wasnt pretty at the end, it was clear he wanted out. Kind of started when he threw Kyle Fuller around like a rag doll in preseason

Outside of the Packers vs Bears Thursday night game, I haven't watched one Thursday night game this year.

I actually think they might get rid of it at some point. Players and teams hate it and I don't fans care that much for it either.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
Outside of the Packers vs Bears Thursday night game, I haven't watched one Thursday night game this year.

I actually think they might get rid of it at some point. Players and teams hate it and I don't fans care that much for it either.

I take surveys through a couple websites while I'm sitting here and every week it seems I get a survey from the NFL that has a bunch of questions about the quality of Thursday night games.

I honestly say I've watched them for like 20 minutes this year and only when a team I care about is playing, and that it's usually the worst game of the week. They keep asking this.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)
The games have been much better this year. I love it personally and would be upset if they changed it. Obviously there is scheduling issues with it but who’s going to complain about an extra day of football?

I'm with you. I think they really need to give a bye week before the Thursday games, because the quality is worse sometimes, but I still follow the game every week.

OB and Hampton going after Fox for challenging the Cunningham play. I wonder if anyone will point out to them that A. Fox gets told whether to challenge or not and B. GB would have challenged the play anyway.

I do agree the gameplan sucked. When Chris Speilman is giving your offense crap, it's crap.