2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Well the Fox era will be over after this year. What a horrible job he's done

THANK GOD!!! this is one POORLY coached team...from top to bottom. Used to think at least Fangio was pulling his weight...but today was a big fat turd. Two weeks...and that's what we saw today. What a horrible horrible game plan. Fox is a dinosaur....

And for the LOVE OF GOD...would you PLEASE quite effing around with Whitehair and just leave him at C!!!!! Grasu is horrible at best.

buddy of mine just posted this tweet he got. pretty much sums it up:

Packers had a game on Monday night. Bears coming off the bye....guess which team looked prepared and had a NFL caliber game plan on BOTH Sides of the ball. #Bears #FireJohnFox

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
I don’t think this is the case. They prepared like s*** over the bye, took a billion penalties and it showed.

The penalties were awful but they went run run pass until 7 minutes into the fourth quarter. The announcers were even pointing it out. They tried to grind a slow gameplan out and it completely backfired

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
Trubisky doesn't have anything to work with but his accuracy has been much worse than I expected so far.

See, I actually disagree. To me, he’s either not stepping up, not avoiding the rush and not throwing the ball away enough, and when he stands there and throws with a guy finally in his face, he’s throwing off balance and to a guy who’s covered (like a blanket because he sucks), so it’s a double negative. When he sets his feet or throws on a designed roll out, he’s pretty accurate.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
His late throw to Bellamy was pretty inaccurate, but I felt he looked pretty good the rest of the game. He certainly didn’t get any favors from Loggains putting him in 3rd and long for most of the game

I agree with this.

The difference between really struggling and succeeding in the NFL is a razor-thin margin.

When you put yourself in 3rd and long consistently, you are telling the defense the only reasonable way you can get a first down is to pass the ball. This allows them to either 1) blitz the hell out of you; 2) drop all kinds of DBs into coverage; or 3) some combination of the two.

There are probably 2-3 quarterbacks in the league who can have any kind of success in that situation, and even then, you are drastically increasing the chances that you will get more a) injuries; and/or b) turnovers.

I get that we are undermanned, and that we think the best chance to win is to lean on our defense and running game, but we are defaulting so much to this scenario that we're really stunting the development of our offense. Wins and losses don't matter anymore this season. It's time to take the training wheels off and let Mitch start developing into a normal NFL quarterback.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
His late throw to Bellamy was pretty inaccurate, but I felt he looked pretty good the rest of the game. He certainly didn’t get any favors from Loggains putting him in 3rd and long for most of the game

Even in the 4th quarter down 2 scores, they were running one wide receiver formations on 1st and 2nd down. Brutal.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
Also, anyone know why Jordan Howard got two carries in the second half and 15 overall?

Looking at the game log, he was the only running back to carry in the second half , but the problem was their time of possession was like 9 minutes after halftime

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 05:17 PM)
Jim Bob Cooter, David Shaw or Josh McDaniels

Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry or Davante Adams

I would be shocked if the Packers didn't bring Davante Adams back.

Randall Cobb might be on the market though.

I was at that game.

I was joking about how they may call it a touchback just before they came back.

Brutal game. Yeah, fuller was picked on, but story of that game was them running all over us. They used Huntley to pass when we expected them to run in the first half, then when we had to respect pass ran down our throats.

Novel idea. I prefer run when they expect run and pass on 3rd and long.

One thing that's clearly missing is our outside toss run game has evaporated. We feasted on those runs for years based on strengths of Long, and then got even better with Whitehair last year. And turnover hasn't been that bad but, we are suddenly not good at it.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
I think all of this talk about Jim Harbaugh coming here is nuts. He'd have to be high as a kite to leave Michigan to come back to the NFL, especially with the knowledge that if he leaves, he's not getting that job again.

Brian has a good source that says Its H4ppening.

Really though, Harbaugh could go wherever he wants if he leaves. He is a good coach, people know it

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
I think all of this talk about Jim Harbaugh coming here is nuts. He'd have to be high as a kite to leave Michigan to come back to the NFL, especially with the knowledge that if he leaves, he's not getting that job again.

Harbaugh flamed out in SF and has done squat at UM. Even if he comes here, he would be out in 3-4 years when he drives Phillips and McCaskey apes***. I can't say I wouldn't be excited though.