2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 04:33 PM)
McNair would hire me before Kaepernick.

Rumors are that he OKed a workout with him. They signed Matt McGloin but I'm sure that's familiarity because there is a game.in 3 days, he could be gone Monday.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
That really f***ing sucks. He is so fun to watch and he looked like a superstar in the making. Just brutal.

Awful, good dude and amazing player. Was becoming a star. The NFL is basically who can stay healthy, because injuries are just increasing.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 11:03 PM)
Bob McNair would sign Steve McNair before he'd sign Kaepernick. ;)

McNair might have painted himself into a deep enough corner with his prisoners statement that it takes something like signing Kap to save him from his own players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
McNair might have painted himself into a deep enough corner with his prisoners statement that it takes something like signing Kap to save him from his own players.

Am I just old or have people not heard that expression before? Granted he butchered it but the expression is "not letting the inmates run the asylum." It just means that you don't let the employees run the business. That's the employers job. He wasn't really calling them prisoners.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
Am I just old or have people not heard that expression before? Granted he butchered it but the expression is "not letting the inmates run the asylum." It just means that you don't let the employees run the business. That's the employers job. He wasn't really calling them prisoners.

People have heard the expression, the correct one. But, they also correctly identify how disrespectful it is, especially the way it was butchered. I've heard that applied many times in families to the children, who are not capable of making reasonable decisions!

But if my boss were to say that of us, when there are so many better ways of indicating we can't always be making democratic decisions, I'd think "f*** you" too.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)

I think saying something like that in the context of discussing the players protests(and what they are about) is where it was really a poor choice of an analogy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
I think saying something like that in the context of discussing the players protests(and what they are about) is where it was really a poor choice of an analogy.

And he butchered that with a "tell us what you really think of us" slip on top of it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)

I think the change from asylum to prison is a pretty big slip up given the racial composition of the owners and the players and what the protests are about in the first place.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
I think the change from asylum to prison is a pretty big slip up given the racial composition of the owners and the players and what the protests are about in the first place.

Yeah, that's the subtext that made it a messed up statement. Whether or not that implication was intentional, that's the way a lot of people are going to take it. Or at least give it a pretty skeptical look.

Adam Schefter

11 mins ·

Facebook Mentions

·

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Texans owner Bob McNair, amongst others, will be deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone records and emails in relation to the Colin Kaepernick collusion case against the NFL, a league source confirmed. Others owners, teams and league officials also will be deposed, but those individuals have been confirmed for now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
People have heard the expression, the correct one. But, they also correctly identify how disrespectful it is, especially the way it was butchered. I've heard that applied many times in families to the children, who are not capable of making reasonable decisions!

But if my boss were to say that of us, when there are so many better ways of indicating we can't always be making democratic decisions, I'd think "f*** you" too.

I agree. But those weren't the comments from the players. The players were going to walk out because he called them inmates. They took it literally.

Tell ya what too...CBS made an incredibly great choice replacing Phil Simms (who was like nails on a chalkboard)...with Tony Romo. Romo's been great so far IMO...and has quickly turned in to probably my favorite announcer. He does an incredible job in the booth with some great analysis.