Moncada to get MRI

ron883

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Yea was just about to post that. Bummer. Sounds like he'll probably play the last two weeks, if at all. Hopefully they can get him on a better training plan this offseason he might be better served losing some bulk.

When i had shin splints from 18-22 years old, it certainly wasnt because of bulk. The arch of my foot caused it, I had to wear inserts to support the arch when I played ball.

And yea, that s*** hurt bad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
When i had shin splints from 18-22 years old, it certainly wasnt because of bulk. The arch of my foot caused it, I had to wear inserts to support the arch when I played ball.

Huh, well whatever the f***ing problem is get it fixed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)

Exact same issue for me. Finding the inserts that fixed it was life changing.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Yea was just about to post that. Bummer. Sounds like he'll probably play the last two weeks, if at all. Hopefully they can get him on a better training plan this offseason he might be better served losing some bulk.

As others have said it's not from bulk but normally a foot issue of some type. You're right where a training program needs to be modified to include certain foot and arch strengthening. then he may not need to shoe modifications.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
Shins are bothering him again

I saw this thread on the homepage and just about s*** a brick. A reoccurrence is expected from my ( highly naive mostly uninformed opinion ). Thank god that we're almost to the offseason, I trust ( and pray ) that he'll get himself healthy.

Excuse me while I back away from the ledge and feverishly search for ptatc's insight somewhere herein.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
I saw this thread on the homepage and just about s*** a brick. A reoccurrence is expected from my ( highly naive mostly uninformed opinion ). Thank god that we're almost to the offseason, I trust ( and pray ) that he'll get himself healthy.

Excuse me while I back away from the ledge and feverishly search for ptatc's insight somewhere herein.

Yep. I said when they held him out the last time that he would need the offseason before he was going to heal. He will need to modify an offseason workout to take the stress off the lower leg and work with different footwear.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)
Yep. I said when they held him out the last time that he would need the offseason before he was going to heal. He will need to modify an offseason workout to take the stress off the lower leg and work with different footwear.

Ah yes, I recall that distinctly now. 🙏🏻🤘🏻