Gun Violence in America

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2017 -> 04:57 PM)
That's cool you have a neighbor looking out for you. I assume he was kidding with the "dumbf***" line. You must be good pals. Did u buy him a beer or cup of java for his protection?

It's pretty much the whole neighborhood. We have Friday night get togethers every other week with a group of about 5-6 families. I did buy refreshments that week.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 7, 2017 -> 02:14 AM)
It's pretty much the whole neighborhood. We have Friday night get togethers every other week with a group of about 5-6 families. I did buy refreshments that week.

Now that's what the good ol USA is all about. I love it. I toast your neighborhood.

Lake County Republicans having a gun raffle for donors:

The "2nd Amendment Dinner and Gun Raffle" in northwest suburban Kildeer features an AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle for those who pay $2,000 to sponsor the event, raffles for a 12-gauge shotgun and a 9 mm handgun, and other gun-related packages.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
Lake County Republicans having a gun raffle for donors:

The "2nd Amendment Dinner and Gun Raffle" in northwest suburban Kildeer features an AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle for those who pay $2,000 to sponsor the event, raffles for a 12-gauge shotgun and a 9 mm handgun, and other gun-related packages.

Dude these happen all the time. They happened last week. Some church in Mississippi? raffled one away like 2 days after Vegas.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
Nobody's really done anything about bump stocks, but the House did pass concealed-carry reciprocity, meaning that if you're licensed to carry in one state, you can carry in any state. It's been one of the NRA's main goals for awhile.

This is good news. Now I can go pretty much anywhere in the US and have both the police and local do-gooders protecting me wherever I go. America just keeps getting safer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
There are 10 states that will issue you a CC permit even if you're not a resident in those states.

Bar fights should always end in gunfire IMO.

Everyone in times square at NYE should be armed.

Also if police challenge your right to a CC permit from another state, you can bring charges against said police. The NRA is running this country

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 03:02 PM)

This shooter was radicalized online at white supremacist sites.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-mexico-sc...supremacy-sites

Never believe an "ironic" or "edgy" racism defense, there's always earnest hate right below the surface.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2018 -> 12:47 PM)
14 shot, 2 dead at a Kentucky high school. A 15 year old student is in custody.

What is it going to take for the NRA to lose it's influence?

30+ 6 year old kids ripped to shreds in Sandy Hook did nothing.

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Jan 23, 2018 -> 04:39 PM)
“Thoughts and prayers.”

Nailed it.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Earlier today, I spoke with @GovMattBevin of Kentucky regarding yesterday’s shooting at Marshall County High School. My thoughts and prayers are with Bailey Holt, Preston Cope, their families, and all of the wounded victims who are in recovery. We are with you!

2:26 PM - Jan 24, 2018

As Jimmy Kimmel pointed out in his one monologue after the Vegas shooting, Democrats and Republicans both vote against stricter gun laws. Feel that needs to be said here before people start pointing fingers at one side (although, not having read through the last few pages, it's possible it's already happened).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 08:57 AM)
As Jimmy Kimmel pointed out in his one monologue after the Vegas shooting, Democrats and Republics both vote against stricter gun laws. Feel that needs to be said here.

And yet 90% of Americans wanted bump stocks outlawed...not exactly following the will of the people there.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 09:54 AM)
What a perverse world you live in.

Bump stocks had nothing to do with the vegas shooting and would have almost no effect on gun fatalities in America. You learned what a bump stock was the day after the Vegas shooting. They're a distraction.

Huh? And apparently since it would only have a slight effect on gun fatalites, wanting them outlawed is living in a perverse world.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 01:36 PM)
Those are separate posts. I didn’t say wanting bump sticks outlawed Id perverse despite your conflating. Look at the pictures from the hotel room. There are stands set up and guns propped. You can’t use a numb stock on a stand.

They found bump stocks on 12 of his guns. If you google it, you can find pictures in about a half a second. Are you reporting they weren't used? Do you have a source? The guy had so many weapons and artillery in his room, he was breathing through a tube.

Edited by Dick Allen