The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

Someone wants to have Lewandowski nowhere near the Trump re-election campaign (lots of people hot about him trying to run a WH meeting on 2018/20). Or to damage him for a possible Congressional run in FL.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view...amp;fr2=piv-web

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/...ump-singer.html

https://joyvilla.com/testingthewaters

I can just see it now...women who dress like this in public are starved for attention and deserve to be harassed will be the line of conservative attack. I guess the right wing equivalent of ObamaGirl.

The weird part of this is her being so pro-Trump and always wearing MAGA outfits in public...and pondering a Congressional run of her own.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out this past weekend that my aunt (who is now 60ish) was sexually assaulted when she was about 15/16 years old or so. She's kept it bottled up almost the entire time, her sisters and her brother (my dad) knew a little bit, but essentially my grandmother and the police told her to not speak of it again as it would make it worse for her. So this new wave of #metoo has given her some courage to speak up about it and she is still emotionally scarred from it (very noticeable with some of her actions and the way she spoke about it).

Some of the twitter comments in the Passan tweet thread just piss me off so much, seeing how much this has haunted my aunt and how she was told to handle it and how that affected her and then seeing some of that s***? Glad those guys are on the internet because I'd probably be in jail if I encountered one of them in real life.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
I found out this past weekend that my aunt (who is now 60ish) was sexually assaulted when she was about 15/16 years old or so. She's kept it bottled up almost the entire time, her sisters and her brother (my dad) knew a little bit, but essentially my grandmother and the police told her to not speak of it again as it would make it worse for her. So this new wave of #metoo has given her some courage to speak up about it and she is still emotionally scarred from it (very noticeable with some of her actions and the way she spoke about it).

Some of the twitter comments in the Passan tweet thread just piss me off so much, seeing how much this has haunted my aunt and how she was told to handle it and how that affected her and then seeing some of that s***? Glad those guys are on the internet because I'd probably be in jail if I encountered one of them in real life.

It definitely is one of those things that if it hasn't happened to you or someone you are close with where you can see what it does, you probably have no idea how much damage it causes. Hopefully, getting it out does help them, and your aunt moving forward.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)

It is exactly because of assholes like this that people feel they can't report what has happened to them.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 03:25 PM)
The anti-Scientology spin is interesting. Reddit's probably having a field day with this one.

Not saying this is real or not, because I know nothing about the specifics, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Scientology framed Haggis either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 03:38 PM)
Not saying this is real or not, because I know nothing about the specifics, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Scientology framed Haggis either.

Protecting Danny Masterson. Framing Paul Haggis.

Memphis megachurch pastor Andy Savage admits to sexually assaulting a 17 year old HS student while serving as a 22 year old youth pastor. His flock gave him a standing O for coming clean about his sin. It does appear his new book "The Ridiculously Good Marriage" won't be published however.

Edited by Dick Allen

Aziz Ansari is next. Honestly, this is another tough one for me. He did the typical male move of trying to sweet talk his way into having sex with a woman. And this woman consensually got naked with him, performed oral sex on him (more than once), received oral sex from him....but didn't leave his place for hours and when she wanted to leave she did. I'm sure she felt gross and bad afterwords but that's some clearly mixed signals being sent to Aziz.

edit: not saying this shouldn't spark a convo that men shouldn't be sweet talking/strongly pressuring women to have sex, but at the same time this shouldn't ruin his career.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 04:58 PM)
Aziz Ansari is next. Honestly, this is another tough one for me. He did the typical male move of trying to sweet talk his way into having sex with a woman. And this woman consensually got naked with him, performed oral sex on him (more than once), received oral sex from him....but didn't leave his place for hours and when she wanted to leave she did. I'm sure she felt gross and bad afterwords but that's some clearly mixed signals being sent to Aziz.

edit: not saying this shouldn't spark a convo that men shouldn't be sweet talking/strongly pressuring women to have sex, but at the same time this shouldn't ruin his career.

Nah. This is the one that triggered people into thinking the accusations are getting a little out of hand. It's great this whole thing has raised awareness and there's a large scale discussion about redefining acceptable behavior, but some of the accusations are hollow. Ansari did nothing wrong other than being not exactly suave. Pretty much every thing I've heard/read from the general public has agreed.

Edited by TaylorStSox

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 08:06 PM)
Nah. This is the one that triggered people into thinking the accusations are getting a little out of hand. It's great this whole thing has raised awareness and there's a large scale discussion about redefining acceptable behavior, but some of the accusations are hollow. Ansari did nothing wrong other than being not exactly suave. Pretty much every thing I've heard/read from the general public has agreed.

Except that he kept grabbing her hand and putting on his crotch. So, it wasn't just bad sweet talk. He was clearly trying to pressure someone into having sex with him that seemed to be pretty clear they didn't want to.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 09:48 AM)
M@‏Verified account @MattSpiegel670 25m25 minutes ago Michigan State University's role in the Larry Nassar story is in the same shameful category as Penn State's behavior with Jerry Sandusky. 14 staffers, including the President, knew about him over a range of two decades. Despicable.

Even worse, imo, given the sheer volume of Nassar's victims compared to Sandusky.