The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 09:59 AM)
Except that he kept grabbing her hand and putting on his crotch. So, it wasn't just bad sweet talk. He was clearly trying to pressure someone into having sex with him that seemed to be pretty clear they didn't want to.

But it's not really clear, even if you believe her side of the story. Again, she readily admits to numerous sexual acts throughout the night and she could have left at anytime. Was he pushy? Sounds like it. But she didn't help the situation by sending out mixed signals. It's not really fair to (1) willingly participate, (2) regret it and then (3) talk to a blog or whatever that website is and pretend like it's a case of assault.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 04:17 PM)
But it's not really clear, even if you believe her side of the story. Again, she readily admits to numerous sexual acts throughout the night and she could have left at anytime. Was he pushy? Sounds like it. But she didn't help the situation by sending out mixed signals. It's not really fair to (1) willingly participate, (2) regret it and then (3) talk to a blog or whatever that website is and pretend like it's a case of assault.

Let's face it. The bottom line is when she first resisted AT ALL he needed to turn on the TV and say "my bad, I misread the situation let's watch some TV." Can I get you some water, some coffee? Let's just chat."

Then if he got bored, pretend he's falling asleep and hopefully the date ends right there with her catching an Uber or continuing to watch TV til she wanted to leave.

There are no excuses for men in these situations. If a celebrity in the past has "pushed" as Azid did in this case, his career may be over and he may be in jail facing charges as well.

I have no opinion either way except you now must be a gentleman at all times. It's just the way it is.

In the past you also should have been a gentleman but we all know when you meet somebody things can escalate. The term is one-night stand for a reason. There can be no more one night stands, folks. Celebrities beware. One night stands are ova.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 11:54 AM)
Let's face it. The bottom line is when she first resisted AT ALL he needed to turn on the TV and say "my bad, I misread the situation let's watch some TV." Can I get you some water, some coffee? Let's just chat."

Then if he got bored, pretend he's falling asleep and hopefully the date ends right there with her catching an Uber or continuing to watch TV til she wanted to leave.

There are no excuses for men in these situations. If a celebrity in the past has "pushed" as Azid did in this case, his career may be over and he may be in jail facing charges as well.

I have no opinion either way except you now must be a gentleman at all times. It's just the way it is.

In the past you also should have been a gentleman but we all know when you meet somebody things can escalate. The term is one-night stand for a reason. There can be no more one night stands, folks. Celebrities beware. One night stands are ova.

Or you could just, you know, ask the person.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 09:59 AM)
Except that he kept grabbing her hand and putting on his crotch. So, it wasn't just bad sweet talk. He was clearly trying to pressure someone into having sex with him that seemed to be pretty clear they didn't want to.

That's not sexual assault under the circumstances though. It's not even close. Even in this climate, the vast majority of people agree he did nothing wrong other than being awkward. The public isn't condemning him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 11:13 PM)
Or you could just, you know, ask the person.

What point are you trying to make?

What, on a first date, a formal declaration? Asking if she wants to have sex? Are we to that point? I think many people (I hesitate to say most lest I be called some kind of scumbag) have had one night stands in which (whether you were in college or not, uh beer beer beer and more beer and parties parties and more parties) things just sort of happened.

I'm all for changing society and making it a formal question on every date if that's what this has come to. Making it illegal to have sex unless a formal question has been asked for permission. And perhaps we should tape the exchange and/or sign documents agreeing to sex.

I'm all for gentlemanly behavior at all times, but it seems to me because of the nature of some of these incidents of he said/she said, we perhaps should go to a formal written contract saying both parties agree to sex. If you are a celebrity you certainly have a career to lose in a second even if wrongly accused and you did nothing wrong. Better to get it all in writing in the future. If you are into the wilder lifestyle you could carry contracts around much like people carry anything else in their wallet or purse.

It's OK to redefine legally what is allowed to happen on a date.

Edited by greg775

Greg, it's not so complicated.

We're supposed to have EQ and sense when someone is hesitant or not completely comfortable.

That's when you stop whatever you're doing and ask, "Is that alright?" or "Are you okay?"

Or you simply should be so confident of yourself that you allow the women to lead the physical interactions in the beginning stages of a relationship, until you're 100% sure about how she feels about you, that she's "into you" or whatever phrase people use these days.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 02:14 AM)
Greg, it's not so complicated.

We're supposed to have EQ and sense when someone is hesitant or not completely comfortable.

That's when you stop whatever you're doing and ask, "Is that alright?" or "Are you okay?"

Or you simply should be so confident of yourself that you allow the women to lead the physical interactions in the beginning stages of a relationship, until you're 100% sure about how she feels about you, that she's "into you" or whatever phrase people use these days.

Not a bad post Caulfield. It's hard to discuss this topic on a message board.

Edited by greg775

So it seems most people both on social media and traditional media are either unsure, or on Aziz's side on this one. Some host on HLN tore the girl apart for trying to ruin Aziz's career over "a bad date", and I tend to agree with her.

Then the writer of the original article, Katie Way, sent a HORRIBLE email to HLN, in which she ripped the host apart multiple times based on her looks, for some reason. Mocked the host's age, hair color, lipstick, career, etc, and then bragged about how she is already so successful at age 22 and can't wait to see the HLN host's career die. It was pretty crazy s***.

So as if people weren't already against or not totally for this "Grace" girl who had a bad date with Aziz, this Katie girl is really shooting them both in the foot. I have to say, I don't think this is going to kill his career. I think he'll bounce back fine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 10:05 AM)
MUCH worse. But since nobody cares about Gymnastics, it wont get nearly as much press. This guy is a f***ing monster.

I agree, it is much worse, but college football sells more papers so that was talked about way more. Using your status as a trusted medical professional to have your way with these girls is awful. Listening to some of the victim statements has been tough.

And now this asshole is pleading to the judge to end the victim statements because his poor little mind can't handle the pain. Get f***ed, you got your pleasure off of them for 30 years.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 06:50 PM)
I'm all for changing society and making it a formal question on every date if that's what this has come to. Making it illegal to have sex unless a formal question has been asked for permission. And perhaps we should tape the exchange and/or sign documents agreeing to sex.

I'm all for gentlemanly behavior at all times, but it seems to me because of the nature of some of these incidents of he said/she said, we perhaps should go to a formal written contract saying both parties agree to sex. If you are a celebrity you certainly have a career to lose in a second even if wrongly accused and you did nothing wrong. Better to get it all in writing in the future. If you are into the wilder lifestyle you could carry contracts around much like people carry anything else in their wallet or purse.

iUvLBQ6.jpg

You realize this would essentially legally bind women into having sex when they sign this contract, even if they change their mind afterwards right?

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 06:50 PM)
What point are you trying to make?

What, on a first date, a formal declaration? Asking if she wants to have sex? Are we to that point? I think many people (I hesitate to say most lest I be called some kind of scumbag) have had one night stands in which (whether you were in college or not, uh beer beer beer and more beer and parties parties and more parties) things just sort of happened.

greg, you are about 13 years too late on this idea

https://vimeo.com/183089808

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 07:29 PM)
iUvLBQ6.jpg

You realize this would essentially legally bind women into having sex when they sign this contract, even if they change their mind afterwards right?

I never thought of that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 07:32 PM)
It also misses the main issue here, that consent isn't perpetual.

Good point. I never said I was smart.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 07:53 PM)
greg, you are about 13 years too late on this idea

https://vimeo.com/183089808

Wow, I swear I didn't steal Dave's skit. I hadn't seen that. Great mind thinks alike (kidding).

Another

WASHINGTON — Representative Patrick Meehan, a Pennsylvania Republican who has taken a leading role in fighting sexual harassment in Congress, used thousands of dollars in taxpayer money to settle his own misconduct complaint after a former aide accused him last year of making unwanted romantic overtures to her, according to several people familiar with the settlement.

A married father of three, Mr. Meehan, 62, had long expressed interest in the personal life of the aide, who was decades younger and had regarded the congressman as a father figure, according to three people who worked with the office and four others with whom she discussed her tenure there.

But after the woman became involved in a serious relationship with someone outside the office last year, Mr. Meehan professed his romantic desires for her — first in person, and then in a handwritten letter — and he grew hostile when she did not reciprocate, the people familiar with her time in the office said.

He's on the House Ethics committee also.

Apparently despite hours of tear-inducing statements, a gymnast calling out the president of Michigan State university for looking the other way while girls were being raped, callouts over the head of USA Gymnastics for looking the other way, and multiple legal cases, the 3 cable news networks covered the USA Gymnastics rape cases for something close to 20 minutes total this week.

If you'd like to see Aly Raisman's statement, the NY Times printed it in full today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 01:26 AM)
Apparently despite hours of tear-inducing statements, a gymnast calling out the president of Michigan State university for looking the other way while girls were being raped, callouts over the head of USA Gymnastics for looking the other way, and multiple legal cases, the 3 cable news networks covered the USA Gymnastics rape cases for something close to 20 minutes total this week.

If you'd like to see Aly Raisman's statement, the NY Times printed it in full today.

I feel so sad for the gymnasts abused by that creep/cretan. I mean USA Gymnastics according to Aly knew!!! WTF. And they wanted her silenced and not make waves. This is such a scandal. Did you hear the testimony of the one gymnast? It was graphic about Larry (as Aly referred to him) whipping it out and playing with himself as he rubbed the kinks out of the gymnast. This guy attacked these young girls, as young as 13. He is the scum of the earth. I feel so bad for all gymnasts. That sport tears down your body. You need medical attention a lot. And this Larry guy took advantage of little kids and pretty much raped them. This is one of the saddest stories of the last 200 years. I'm sick.

God bless you gymnasts and may Larry rot in hell.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 07:27 AM)
How are congressmen allowed to use taxpayer money to settle this type of s***? Our system seems beyond broken.

I think this entire administration cycle is bent on testing the limits of every rule and law that has been placed before it. And nobody is there to check it

The mother of Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman ripped into Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo on Twitter for his comments about the sexual abuse of gymnasts by Larry Nassar, who was employed by the university.

Answering reporters’ questions about the case on Friday, Izzo said it had been a “difficult week for me” and he hoped “the right person was convicted.”

Nassar, a former Olympic team doctor, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of sexual assault in a high-profile sexual molestation case where more than 100 women, including Raisman, have said he sexually abused them.

Lynn Raisman wrote Saturday on her social media account, “Dear Tom Izzo, I’m sorry it’s been a difficult week for you. Did you hear, Larry Nassar also said it was difficult. Since you ‘hope the right person was convicted’ I wonder if you are a complete and total MORON or just a LIAR when you claim you listened to the impact statements.”

The F*** Izzo?