Big week for Eloy

bmags

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 10:36 PM)

Ya got me! Was just about to come and post that. What more can he do... I think this kid will be the best Sox hitter since Konerko. Perhaps since...Big Frank himself. I can see 310/380/600 lines in his prime. At worst he's 270/350/550. At worst.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Oct 28, 2017 -> 01:13 AM)
Ya got me! Was just about to come and post that. What more can he do... I think this kid will be the best Sox hitter since Konerko. Perhaps since...Big Frank himself. I can see 310/380/600 lines in his prime. At worst he's 270/350/550. At worst.

I love the optimism, but there is no way the FLOOR of a minor league player, no matter how good, is a .900 OPS in the majors. I agree the ceiling on his offensive abilities rivals any minor leaguer, but I've seen way too many can't-miss phenoms miss.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (KnightsOnMintSt @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I wonder if there is a chance that we see Eloy in Chicago before September. Have to think he'll make it to Charlotte fairly quickly. If he continues to crush the ball, maybe we see him with the White Sox in August?

We'll need him for the Wild Card push :headbang

QUOTE (KnightsOnMintSt @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I wonder if there is a chance that we see Eloy in Chicago before September. Have to think he'll make it to Charlotte fairly quickly. If he continues to crush the ball, maybe we see him with the White Sox in August?

I think there is an absolute change he makes it up sometime in the summer. I'd rather he start at AA, and end in AAA, but at some point he may force the hand.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)

Jimenez really looks to have a special bat that could get even better. Trading Quintana was tough, but Eloy is exactly the kind of player who you can plug in as a middle of the order bat moving forward.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 06:55 PM)
I think there is an absolute change he makes it up sometime in the summer. I'd rather he start at AA, and end in AAA, but at some point he may force the hand.

If he has a strong spring, this is still the White Sox, I could totally see him starting in Charlotte.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 06:17 PM)
If he has a strong spring, this is still the White Sox, I could totally see him starting in Charlotte.

Lets hope Rick sticks to his word about not rushing these guys. I honestly don't doubt Eloy couldn't handle it but I'd rather see him in AA even if it's only (likely) for a couple of months to accumulate PA's and experience. AA is probably the biggest jump in the minors.

Same with Robert with the A- or A+ decision.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
Lets hope Rick sticks to his word about not rushing these guys. I honestly don't doubt Eloy couldn't handle it but I'd rather see him in AA even if it's only (likely) for a couple of months to accumulate PA's and experience. AA is probably the biggest jump in the minors.

Same with Robert with the A- or A+ decision.

Eloy is ready to run. Unleash him in AA for a minute, promote him to AAA in June, and he's in Chicago by August.

Edited by chitownsportsfan