2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'd take another TiQuan Forbes for him.

As would I, but I don't think that is happening. Gonzalz has been a pumpkin since the Sox traded him to TEX last season.  His FIP is over 7. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And the other one with hurt feelings.

I'm just surprised that someone who's made a habit of criticizing and analyzing every word in every post, seemingly looking for errors or intentionally missing obvious sarcasm or exaggerations in order to have material to use against other posters in the future would post something like that when the post just a few spots above theirs has said poster responding to them. That's all.

• Thanks 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I'm just surprised that someone who's made a habit of criticizing and analyzing every word in every post, seemingly looking for errors or intentionally missing obvious sarcasm or exaggerations in order to have material to use against other posters in the future would post something like that when the post just a few spots above theirs has said poster responding to them. That's all.

Dude, this isn't that hard.  He mentioned me in a post, for the second time in two days, without having responded to a post of mine.

This is literally exactly what I said happened.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I haven’t been on here long, but it was easy to pick out who the Warden of this group is. Does it go way back?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude, this isn't that hard.  He mentioned me in a post, for the second time in two days, without having responded to a post of mine.

This is literally exactly what I said happened.

Except 56 minutes ago, he did respond to your post, so for me it's not hard but evidently for you it is

24 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

I haven’t been on here long, but it was easy to pick out who the Warden of this group is. Does it go way back?

Oh yeah. I've had an account for awhile but usually only post during the baseball season.

9 hours ago, Superstar Lamar said:

But I believe JR lead the opposition to his approval.

JR did not want Cuban owning the Cub. He would be wise to have a transition plan in place and may have one. 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought it was the Pirates that Cuban wanted to buy? 

Cuban has publicly said that if he could own any baseball team it would be the Pirates, the team he grew up rooting for as a kid. He did express interest in the Cubs when they became available. It didn't get very far. The last thing MLB wants is him owning a team and potentially having a team payroll of 250-275-300 million.

I prefer games where attendance is low so I can mill around easier, get food and beer and go to the bathroom without waiting in long lines, then get out of the parking lot easily.  The worst experience for me was the last time I went to a cubs/sox  game which was the last time I will ever go to a cub game. What a pain in the arse. 

Man some of you guys need to take a chill pill and put your posts in a broader perspective. You have an opinion on a sports team or player....OK, big deal.  If you cannot find some degree of friendship and camaraderie with fans of the same team you  supposedly root for, you are missing out on some of the best things about being a sports fan.  I high five fans sitting around me when someone on the Sox hits a home run. It is pretty much all smiles among Sox fans at GRate so I don't know why some fans  get so mean, so dark and so strange when they get behind a keyboard.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Funny that articles are being written about a guy that was overlooked for 2 stellar months in Charlotte before someone removed their head from their ass and got him up here. The purpose signing him was to prove he can still pitch, and be flipped if he succeeded. Can’t wait for the “Gomez comes out of nowhere” article in August. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Just looked at their schedule. How dumb is it that they go from Texas to Cincinnati only to go back to Texas to face the Astros? haha

Airline sponsors need their money too.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Hahn traded Q at the perfect time.  Just checked up on Q to see if he fixed his slow start -- not really.  Walking over 4.5 guys per 9 and only worth .6 fWAR so far.  He's been bad.  K rate is down as well.

It was insane at the time how much Rick Hahn got for Q, even if he had gone back to being 2012 to 2016 Q.  When you factor in the slide, this is a body blow of a deal to the Cubs today.  He is at career worsts in BB/9, HR/9 and WHIP.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was insane at the time how much Rick Hahn got for Q, even if he had gone back to being 2012 to 2016 Q.  When you factor in the slide, this is a body blow of a deal to the Cubs today.  He is at career worsts in BB/9, HR/9 and WHIP.

I'd argue that, at the time of the trade, had he been pitching like 12-16 Q, then he would have had more value than Sale when we traded him. That extra year helps a ton 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Normally I'd be excited about dealing a body-blow to the Cubs, but I loved watching Jose pitch so much when he was with us that I'm much more sad to see him falling flat than I am anything else. Dude pitched his tail off for us and we did jack squat to support him, he deserved a shot to be appreciated and win games on a good team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tray said:

I prefer games where attendance is low so I can mill around easier, get food and beer and go to the bathroom without waiting in long lines, then get out of the parking lot easily.  The worst experience for me was the last time I went to a cubs/sox  game which was the last time I will ever go to a cub game. What a pain in the arse. 

Man some of you guys need to take a chill pill and put your posts in a broader perspective. You have an opinion on a sports team or player....OK, big deal.  If you cannot find some degree of friendship and camaraderie with fans of the same team you  supposedly root for, you are missing out on some of the best things about being a sports fan.  I high five fans sitting around me when someone on the Sox hits a home run. It is pretty much all smiles among Sox fans at GRate so I don't know why some fans  get so mean, so dark and so strange when they get behind a keyboard.

🌳Tree hugger 🌳         🌻 damn hippie 🌼

25 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

🌳Tree hugger 🌳         🌻 damn hippie 🌼

In my case it's cause a.) I want to win now. I do not support the tank/rebuild. Many/most do not care about winning now and do support the tank/rebuild. b.) I do not like the idea of trading Abreu. I feel he should be untouchable; many want to deal him. c.) I don't care about players' ages; many don't want to commit to anybody in their 30s. Philosophical differences in my case so I fight a lot.