Hawk and Wimpy broadcasting last game together TODAY

Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Have to wonder if we are looking at HOF broadcasters had they stayed together till now. Hawk was, and is still much better with Wimpy as the color man

He really was. He seemed to keep Hawk in a comfort zone where he wasn’t trying to prove how much he knows. And Wimpy is just one of those guys that you can’t help but like. Really good chemistry. 

I love Wimpy. I love Hawk. But the "know it all" Hawk of the past two seasons has been annoying. He reminds me of a grandpa who is right by gawd and he says his comments forcibly and you dare not disagree.

On 5/7/2018 at 12:40 AM, greg775 said:

I love Wimpy. I love Hawk. But the "know it all" Hawk of the past two seasons has been annoying. He reminds me of a grandpa who is right by gawd and he says his comments forcibly and you dare not disagree.

Yes...but think about what all he's endured...what he's been forced to watch.  The Robin Ventura era of White Sox baseball was enough to turn the ever-optimistic Spongebob into a grumpy old "I told you so" grandpa.  You have the Ronald Belasario closing experiment and his 8 losses and 4 blown saves, riding the Gordon Beckham train into the ocean, watching Viciedo self-destruct, DrakeGate, Courtney Hawkins as your ONLY hope in the farm system, 1064 Adam Dunn ABs in 2 years.  Try to fill air time with optimism with all that going on!  Hawk aged 15 years in 4 seasons because of the level of on-field product decay.