Kopech vs. Cubs Saturday? UPDATE: Nope.

KrankinSox

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Now we're questioning Hahn and Kenny's role? Oh Jesus. Sometimes this forum is like 3 topics repeated in every thread. Quick, somebody mention Hawk.

Fernando Tatis Jr!!!!

Edit: man, beat me to it.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Guaranteed Rate is a shitty corporate sponsor.  Come at me.

I passed the park last week with a bunch of friends that don't follow sports. They all laughed at the sponsor. Nobody knew exactly what Guranteed Rate is. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Guaranteed Rate is a shitty corporate sponsor.  Come at me.

In the 21st century, as long as they aren't a part of a corporate scandal, I am not sure that it really matters.  The era of being outraged over sponsorship's has passed.

22 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I don't like the idea of bringing up Kopech yet, especially to throw him into such a high profile game.  There's no need, and he needs some more work.

I would think Eloy makes more sense, but if he's coming up I hope he's coming up to stay.  

14 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

We always talk about who is calling the shots between KW and Hahn, and meanwhile on the other side of town I always forget that Jed Hoyer even exists.

Yea they have a similar setup except it's a little different when you have the gravitas and resume that Epstein does.

10 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

I was just responding to everyone else intimating that Kopech would be called up. I don't have any info saying he is going to get called up. Yesterday someone told me expect a shuffle in the rotation. It wasn't from a great source or anything but someone who has been right before. 

One thing to clear up, someone said Kopech has been pulled from his start on Thursday and I don't see that to be accurate.

Kopech started for CHA on Sunday.

Sunday - Kopech

Monday - Tomashow

Tuesday - Roach

Wednesday - Covey

Thursday - House

They don't have anyone listed for Friday on. 

Kopech started on Sunday and threw 66 pitches.  Unless they were planning on bringing him back a day early, his normal rest day to start would have been Friday.

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Isn’t the Joliet Slammers’ stadium called “Cards Against Humanity Ballpark” or something?

http://www.theherald-news.com/lists/2017/12/21/69ee87f197f7414bb35ce0d36ba8c421/index.xml

No, that was just some fake promo headline grab thing.  Looks like it might be called Joliet Route 66 Stadium now, used to be Silver Cross Field.