Sox @ Indians, 5/29 Game Thread

Heads22

What the hell happened to Giolito's curveball? I got into it with a poster here saying it was not better than Floyd's (so far I was right like I said) but it's not even close to comparable.. it's a show me rather than a weapon now.

Just now, SoxAce said:

What the hell happened to Giolito's curveball? I got into it with a poster here saying it was not better than Floyd's (so far I was right like I said) but it's not even close to comparable.. it's a show me rather than a weapon now.

It was awful last year. Couldn't throw it for strikes. The Giolito curve is now synonymous with D. Day's slider and Bummer's 97 mph fastball.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Fangraphs gave it a FV of 70 in last year’s prospect rankings.  Honestly in his spring start against the Cubs it looked the part, but that pitch is long since dead.  God only knows what happened to this kid.

10 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not sure where you drew that conclusion because his curveball was garbage in 2017

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fangraphs gave it a FV of 70 in last year’s prospect rankings.  Honestly in his spring start against the Cubs it looked the part, but that pitch is long since dead.  God only knows what happened to this kid.

Its just baffling really. Even the tight one he threw in the dirt to get outs last year is gone, minus the 12-6 one he once had.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

At least he made them earn it today. Step in the right direction.

I think if the Sox can take anything away from this outing of  Giolito is NO walks. Going in the right direction