6/2 Games

flavum

21 minutes ago, flavum said:

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?cid=&lid=&org=145&sc=&sid=milb&t=affiliate&ymd=20180602

Looks like the Dominican Summer League has begun.

Kopech at 5:05 central

That’s exciting. Looks like quite a few of that 2016 class may have moved stateside! Interesting to see the lineup next few days.

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Will anyone (future sox) be doing a write up on the DSL names to watch?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQhAaAT6fxqy8DvRIDg7DcvIbKZ908OH4bSobz0ur11PL-f93sMYbJR7_w6QGW_um7CR8CAuPQ9Pend/pubhtml?gid=1741699306&single=true

Wow looks like AZL is gonna be a LOT of our intl guys.

The only notable DSL guys that I could identify would be:

Jefferson Mendoza, C, 17 and one of our 300k signings last year

Jerrick Francees, SS, 17 out of Aruba

Sydney Pimentel, 17, another one of our few 2017 signings is in AZL along with nearly all of last years DSL guys worth anything.

Joseu Guerrero, Carraballo, Mieses, Comas, Kleydar Sanchez, Brayant Nova, all are stateside.

This isn’t some incredible development but guys like brayant nova we’re in DSL for two years before heading stateside. All of the 2016 guys with good bonuses are moved now.

Its interesting to me. The assignments after the draft could maybe throw water on this.

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Kopech getting shelled

Era near 4.30

He is so not ready. Not sure he wouldn't resemble Giolito in terms of command if he came up now. 7 of 23 pitches for strikes in first.

Edited by fathom

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Yeah its hard to justify a call up this year

Another reason drafting Singer isn't a horrible idea. You never know how pitching prospects will pan out, especially low floor high ceiling guys like Kopech, Lopez and Hansen.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Another reason drafting Singer isn't a horrible idea. You never know how pitching prospects will pan out, especially low floor high ceiling guys like Kopech, Lopez and Hansen.

I'm resigned to the Singer fate.  Speaking of which, that game starts in 5 minutes.

Edited by DirtySox

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Looks like a friend of Kopech's died today. Check his instagram story. Maybe his head wasn't in it 

Look what happened to TA last year. Given the circumstances I think we need to be patient with Kopech this year. I wish him and his cousin's family well. 

16 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

I keep expecting to open the box scores and see an inning pitched from Hansen somewhere. Dude's been throwing bullpen sessions for a month, no? Might as well have him throw some live innings. 

I am pretty sure he has been throwing in extended spring training against live hitters. Idk how long they are going to wait to bring him to AA