2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

I completely understand why the Sox would focus on Vaughn.  Just wish he was performing better in conference. He 's not hitting below .300 in Pac 12 games and is 6th on the team in homers hit in conference.  I'm going to trust guys like KLaw though, who generally aren't very high on 1B only prospects.

If this is true and he heard them, I wonder if the other sites will start connecting us to him too.

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd love to believe it but at this point I can't.  If they're gonna take a HS guy over Vaughn I think it would have to be Jr.  

Nah. Abrams fits the KW prototype to a T. Mr. Williams is likely all over this kid. 

10 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Actually Vaughn fits Kenny's prototype. He loves 1B/middle of the order bats.

That's the Hostetler, if we're saying he has a prototype.

Kenny's prototype was always athletes.

52 minutes ago, Quin said:

That's the Hostetler, if we're saying he has a prototype.

Kenny's prototype was always athletes.

Yep. If the Sox are really  in on Abrams then you know KW is still lurking around the scouting department. 

Abrams can probably do back flips all the way down to first base but is he a baseball player? 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Yep. If the Sox are really  in on Abrams then you know KW is still lurking around the scouting department. 

Abrams can probably do back flips all the way down to first base but is he a baseball player? 

I don’t get this post at all.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Kenny Williams was a black athlete so all he does is draft other black athletes.  It's a lazy uniformed narrative that isn't worth responding to.  

I'd describe Borchard and Fields as many things, but black is not one of them.

He liked super toolsy athletes. I still think Mitchell would have been a good pick if not for the spring training injury.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Can someone give a quick scouting report on Abrams?

CJ Abrams is a 2019 SS/MIF with a 6-2 182 lb. frame from Alpharetta, GA who attends Blessed Trinity Catholic HS. Long and slender athletic build, very projectable physically. Outstanding runner, 6.29 in the sixty, 4.19 on a turn on a triple, runs sub-4.0's home to first with little obvious effort, gliding easy runner. Left handed hitter, efficient load and trigger with a smooth and fluid swing, very good barrel control with loose hands, line drive contact middle of the field to pull side, gap power, going to lead some leagues in triples. Smooth footwork in the middle infield, very quick transfers, lots of athleticism, throws from a lower arm slot, has the tools for shortstop but actions might fit very well at second base. Good student, verbal commitment to Alabama. 

Again, if the Sox interest in this guy is legit than you know that KW is still lurking around the scouting department.  Hostetler's draft philosophy has been college guys with high OBP and advanced hit tools since he took over (Collins, Burger, Sheets, Madrigal). Abrams is a total 180 of that.

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic