The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

I like Madrigal but why are we in a rush to move two young, extremely high ceiling defenders from their current positions? Not to mention they're both already top 10 defenders at their positions... (Anderson may be 11 but you get the point) 

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Singer scaring teams because of makeup?

His makeup seems like a selling point to some. I think it's just his stuff hasn't looked consistently great this year? Velocity was down last start too. Wonder if medicals scared anyone off.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like Madrigal but why are we in a rush to move two young, extremely high ceiling defenders from their current positions? Not to mention they're both already top 10 defenders at their positions... (Anderson may be 11 but you get the point) 

Because SS and SP are currency in the MLB.  You can literally put a SS everywhere.  

Just now, bmags said:

Man based off top ten The pool available at 46 may be way different than we expected.

Beer has to be one of the top college position players left. So any hope hes still there I imagine is gone with everyone going with that category

Just now, AustinIllini said:

Because SS and SP are currency in the MLB.  You can literally put a SS everywhere.  

Then why aren't we talking about moving Madrigal, who was announced as a SS? Why not try him in LF or something?

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

His makeup seems like a selling point to some. I think it's just his stuff hasn't looked consistently great this year? Velocity was down last start too. Wonder if medicals scared anyone off.

If medicals are an issue, watch Baltimore pass too.

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Then why aren't we talking about moving Madrigal, who was announced as a SS? Why not try him in LF or something?

You just play him at the premium position in the minors to find out. There is literally no risk right now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They also said Singer would be drafted by the Sox. They were misinformed.

Yes, because they figured KW would win. They were very transparent about what was going on, and you don't make statements like they did unless they actually knew something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Wow, Kiley says orioles are going Grayson Rodriguez. Like him but I thought he may be there round 2.

He had some pretty serious helium. I think the Pirates and Texas were connected with him for a while.

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Yes, because they figured KW would win. They were very transparent about what was going on, and you don't make statements like they did unless they actually knew something.

That's not true. Happens all the time in leading up to any draft. Lots of misinformation. There's no reason to believe any of it especially when they ended up being wrong.