The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I really don't like the idea of moving Moncada but his athleticism makes him more versatile to move to another position than Madrigal. 

It legit doesn’t matter until the Sox say something. If you listened to tiff like that, Collins would already be a 1b

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah he loves Madrigal at 2b. I think sox will keep TA and Moncada where they are and move Madrigal all around.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I think the team chooses what position to announce him as if I remember from the Harper pick. So yeah it is interesting he was announced as a SS

I am sure they will play him at SS , and see what he can do. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I am sure they will play him at SS , and see what he can do. 

Yeah in minors for sure and that is clear sailing all the way through the system.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It legit doesn’t matter until the Sox say something. If you listened to tiff like that, Collins would already be a 1b

I'm not advocating to move Moncada. It's just that who stands a better chance of playing another position other than 2ND, Moncada or Madrigal? Madrigal looks to be limited to 2ND unless his arm strength improves enough to bump TA from SS.

Regardless I'm happy with the pick and as others have said this will sort itself out when the time comes. I look forward to a 1 2 punch of Madrigal Moncada at the top of the order in a few years.