6/6- White Sox at Twins, 7:10

flavum

Random and maybe covered earlier in the thread... but why does Palka sit in favor of Thompson vs a RHP today? 

Honestly, I don't know why Palka sits vs any kind of pitcher in favor of Thompson. He's 7 for 20 with 2 HR's vs LHP in the big leagues. Thompson came into today hitting .124 overall. Yet, he's been an every day MLB outfielder. How long do I have to endure that? 

Edited by Richie

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Random and maybe covered earlier in the thread... but why does Palka sit in favor of Thompson vs a RHP today? 

Honestly, I don't know why Palka sits vs any kind of pitcher in favor of Thompson. He's 7 for 20 with 2 HR's vs LHP in the big leagues. Thompson came into today hitting .124 overall. Yet, he's been an every day MLB outfielder. How long do I have to endure that? 

Palka's defense is just too terrible

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Palka's defense is just too terrible

Yeah, I understand. However, I'm fairly certain that all analytics would tell us that Palka should be out there, regardless. He's been creating a ton of runs. 7 HR's 20 RBI's in what? 100 AB's? I mean, you can't leave that on your bench in favor of a guy who probably couldn't succeed against HS pitching right now.

Edited by Richie

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Benetti said that Cooper changed something in Rondon's slider which is allowing him to control it better.  Results were on full display that inning.

His arm also seemed to be very, very live. Just in general, tonight. He looked great

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Can someone remind me when Leury is back? July?

I can't find anything concrete. Rotoworld just says "10 day DL with Knee Strain"

I do seem to remember hearing about late-June/Early-July as a timeline. Maybe him and Avi return close together.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, Yoan must have banged CB's wife

He must have done something. I don’t think I have seen that many bad calls on one player. Also why does Renteria say nothing?  Wtf is that?

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Renteria is such a pussy

Doesn't even make eye contact with him or utter a word. 

Just cowers and ushers Moncada away. Brutal

Edited by Richie

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah, I understand. However, I'm fairly certain that all analytics would tell us that Palka should be out there, regardless. He's been creating a ton of runs. 7 HR's 20 RBI's in what? 100 AB's? I mean, you can't leave that on your bench in favor of a guy who probably couldn't succeed against HS pitching right now.

I don’t disagree, I want to see Palka at DH too,   It’s tough with Davidson because we have seen him catch fire too.  Good problem to have I guess.  it just seems like a old school coachy move to go back to Davidson as soon as he became available 

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Yeah, I understand. However, I'm fairly certain that all analytics would tell us that Palka should be out there, regardless. He's been creating a ton of runs. 7 HR's 20 RBI's in what? 100 AB's? I mean, you can leave that on your bench in favor of a guy who probably couldn't succeed against HS pitching right now.

Probably just Renteria playing the hot hand, not necessarily Thompson, just the fact the Sox has been fairly competitive with that OF combo. Also probably not a big fan of that game where the Sox had 4 errors in an inning maybe officially 3  with the Palka drop against Cleveland and Skole miss of a scoop at 2st and whatever else went wrong that inning. Many here have wanted better D to support the young pitching and it does seems  the Sox are giving up less runs lately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

I can't find anything concrete. Rotoworld just says "10 day DL with Knee Strain"

I do seem to remember hearing about late-June/Early-July as a timeline. Maybe him and Avi return close together.

Thanks!