2018-2019 Official NBA thread

32 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

I would move next year’s first for Ball in a heartbeat. 

If you knew the Bulls had a strong shot at the #1 pick would you still do this? I know the lottery is getting leveled next year, it just seems surprising to me that you'd pass on a potential #1 pick for him. 

7 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

That doesn’t make sense. Who cares about his dad 

Why do you think the Spurs don't want Ball? It has nothing to do with his basketball skills and everything to do with the sideshow that comes with him. I don't know how you can ignore that fact. The impact it had on the entire Lakers season this past year was awful. It isn't just a loud mouth talking about his son, it impacted Luke Walton, the front office, etc.  He is a major problem and unless he's going to go away, the affiliation of him will directly impact his value and you can not ignore that fact.  

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If you knew the Bulls had a strong shot at the #1 pick would you still do this? I know the lottery is getting leveled next year, it just seems surprising to me that you'd pass on a potential #1 pick for him. 

Yes I would take the top talent over the mystery. 

Malala the Bulls are much more likely to be 7-10. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No way.  I want to get Ball because he is undervalued (albeit I don't know how he fits on this roster) and is a talent to acquire, but I'm not giving up a future 1st round pick unless I somehow know I'm about to control Lavar.  

By the way, it was just reported that Ball has a torn meniscus in his knee. He should be ready for the start of the season but the Lakers are down on him for more than just "Lavar" reasons. He couldn't even stay on the court last year and when he did he couldn't shoot. I happen to believe in Ball's basketball IQ and ability to pass (they are both phenomenal) but there are real concerns beyond just his father which are whether he can be healthy enough to stay on the court and whether he can figure out how to shoot and finish.  

22 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lonzo Ball sucks. He can't shoot, he can only score close to the rim. He's Rondo as a jump shooter, while being nowhere near as good at defense and passing. 

100% this.  Lonzo Ball is not good.  

With the Butler trade, Everyone questioned Dunn's ability to shoot.  He's a lot better than Ball all around.

Wow. Did not see him signing before other moves were made. As it stands, the Lakers are in no way to compete with the other West teams with just an aging LeBron. I wonder which other star(s) will be joining. Gotta imagine DeMarcus Cousins being there, I'd think, or K. Leonard.

Edited by iWiN4PreP

Can't believe he had the balls to go play out West. That finals streak is definitely in jeopardy now unless Lakers continue to add.

The East is pretty much Boston, Philly and 20 piles of crap (I guess I'll add Toronto too since their daddy is gone).

Edited by SoxAce

Interesting that Lebron took such a long term deal. Essentially cements the fact that LA will be his last major destination. I can't imagine 3 years from now, Lebron will still be the same "game changer" he is today.  He could still be a one or two year assassin to push a team over the top but I'd imagine his career arch will be on the downside (I still expect him to be very very good 3 years from now...but I doubt he'll still be the best player on the planet at that point).

Will be interesting to see how the young Lakers emerge as well as interesting to see what happens to Ingram. Evidently he is on the block and if I were the Bulls, I'd be seeing if we could find a way to acquire him.  Lakers aren't going to just "give him up", but they obviously want different pieces to surround LBJ with and whatever they expect their final piece to be will likely come next off-season (since they weren't able to land any other mega fishes).  

The bad part is that will bring competition to the Bulls because the Lakers + LBJ recruiting will be a major favorite in any free agent sweepstakes...albeit there are always players who may not want to do that. For example, I don't think that Jimmy Buckets is necessarily the best player to put next to LBJ (if I were the Lakers).  My best bet is that Buckets ends up a Clipper or a Bull after he finishes up in Minnesota.