It’s Game Day in Chicago 6/24 A’s and Sox

elrockinMT

I don't think I've ever seen Rodon have a start where he throws this many strikes. I also can't remember a start where he walked 0 batters. This is ultra encouraging. Best command I've seen of him in his MLB career. If we get the Rodon and Giolito we've seen over this series, for the rest of the season, I think we've found our TOR guys. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think I've ever seen Rodon have a start where he throws this many strikes. I also can't remember a start where he walked 0 batters. This is ultra encouraging. Best command I've seen of him in his MLB career. 

I came to this thread just say this... You beat me to it.

This is ultra encouraging. I am so used to Rodon's pitch count being jacked up by this point. Seeing him at 77 is such a breath of fresh air. 

Couple that with a very clutch Yoan 3 RBI double. The young guys have done well today.

Just now, Richie said:

I came to this thread just say this... You beat me to it.

This is ultra encouraging. I am so used to Rodon's pitch count being jacked up by this point. Seeing him at 77 is such a breath of fresh air. 

Couple that with a very clutch Yoan 3 RBI double. The young guys have done well today.

Couple that with Giolito's start on Friday evening and suddenly the arrow is pointing waaay up for those two guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richie said:

One day he's going to kill somebody with one of those 115 MPH line drives. lol

I'm actually happy that ball went to the A's bullpen and not into the stands. That ball would have taken someone's head off. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think I've ever seen Rodon have a start where he throws this many strikes. I also can't remember a start where he walked 0 batters. This is ultra encouraging. Best command I've seen of him in his MLB career. If we get the Rodon and Giolito we've seen over this series, for the rest of the season, I think we've found our TOR guys. 

If that happens, I suppose you'll start complaining that we have too much starting pitching.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Couple that with Giolito's start on Friday evening and suddenly the arrow is pointing waaay up for those two guys. 

Because of one start?

If we can poke fun at posters for overreacting to a bad start or two, we can certainly do it for overreacting to a good start or two. Outside of that start and maybe one more, Giolito has been ass this year.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Because of one start?

If we can poke fun at posters for overreacting to a bad start or two, we can certainly do it for overreacting to a good start or two. Outside of that start and maybe one more, Giolito has been ass this year.

Not because of one start per se, but because Gio's stuff is slowly returning. You could see the buildup over the last month or so. The guy we saw Friday flashed TOR potential. We have never seen him have that kind of stuff since he's been here. Both Giolito and Rodon have been either fixing problems with their delivery or returning from injury and TBH, the thing about Giolito is that we now know that the stuff was always there and it was all a physical problem with mechanics. No injuries, no mysterious loss of stuff. Also, did you see my qualifier in the initial post? I said if they continue pitching like this for the majority of the rest of the season Hahn can  sleep a little easier with regard to them. 

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic