Blue Jays @ Sox 7/29/18

Bazox

So typical of this team that Narvaez gets a triple, but we can't get him home since the following batters were interested only in padding their statistics, not in doing the morally right thing and laying down a sacrifice bunt to get a run scored.

Just now, fathom said:

Today might be Yoan's two best swings of the year vs LHP.  Awesome to see

I've been thinking that his ABs have been much more competitive against LHP as of late, even when he hasn't gotten the results.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Stop fucking bunting. 

It has been mathematically shown to decrease the likelihood of scoring. 

Thank you,

Chicago White Sox Fans. 

Ironically I hate bunting and thought it was a real good call given the score and who was up.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ironically I hate bunting and thought it was a real good call given the score and who was up.

I wasn't complaining about Engel, I was complaining about Sanchez giving himself up to move the guy over. I thought there was a high likelihood that the next two hitters would either pop up or strike out. I have no problem with Engel bunting because he is speedy and otherwise useless with the stick. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also, anyone else annoyed with the umpire's motions after every pitch?  Can't tell if he's calling balls or strikes because he keeps swaying his left arm.

Yup.  Dude swings his arms and body around after pitches. It doesn't help that he's been missing strike calls consistently.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wasn't complaining about Engel, I was complaining about Sanchez giving himself up to move the guy over. I thought there was a high likelihood that the next two hitters would either pop up or strike out. I have no problem with Engel bunting because he is speedy and otherwise useless with the stick. 

It's also because as I posted earlier, Yolmer is horrendous against LHP.

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic