Update per Heyman: White Sox one of 3 teams meeting Machado

DirtySox

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So the setup required is a complicated 3 team deal then followed by a free agent signing and all that has to work out correctly? That'll never work out correctly, too many moving parts. 

it doesn't have to be that complicated.  Yanks trade Andjuar for pitching doesn't need to be in Marlins/Mets/Realmuto deal), and POOF!, they have an opening at 3B.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

it doesn't have to be that complicated.  Yanks trade Andjuar for pitching doesn't need to be in Marlins/Mets/Realmuto deal), and POOF!, they have an opening at 3B.  

Yep, if Andujar is really available now, it should make it easy for them to work a deal out for a pitcher (Kluber, Bauer).

I said before that the Yankees getting their TOR pitching via trade specifically increased their chances of getting Machado. 

Paxton is 1. If they get another and just happen to move Andujar at the same time. Well. 

With Didi gone at the end of the season, asking Machado to fill in at third for just one season seems like something that could be sold to him. 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man this board is all in on Harper, that tweet didn't even get a blip?

A month ago the general consensus was that the Sox wouldnt even go for Harper and focus on Machado. I and everyone else was cool with that. Then a bunch of leaked United Center pictures appeared and changed everything.

I've sold myself so much on Harper that Machado would almost seem like a disappoint...even though hes a better player.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Amazing, isn't it.  I actually think the visits are a good thing, as it could justify Machado picking the Sox even if it's because they're giving him the most money.

Plus he is the better overall player (especially when he plays 3B).