Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

How does one do such a thing on the new board, can’t figure it out.

Just hover over the users name (in a post) and there should be an option next to message titled "ignore user". Click it then you can update your preferences towards the user. I've ignored two useless posters on the site.

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Just hover over the users name (in a post) and there should be an option next to message titled "ignore user". Click it then you can update your preferences towards the user. I've ignored two useless posters on the site.

I don't know if I can sleep tonight not knowing if I made the cut...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Guess there isn’t a way to do it on mobile.

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

This is why we cant play games with the Yanks. They are who he wants (supposedly) and we need to put our foot on their throat now and blow them away.

Completely agree. Time is right to finalize the deal ASAP. Get numbers both sides can live with and get it now. Hahn has to know this, yes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

If the offers are really low 200s/7, then Machado will certainly will wait for them until the end.

It’s nice for us that Harper is waiting. We could use that as leverage with Manny. 

“Look, we’re willing to increase our offer to X amount, but if you’re still gonna wait around, we will push our chips all in on Harper.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It’s nice for us that Harper is waiting. We could use that as leverage with Manny. 

“Look, we’re willing to increase our offer to X amount, but if you’re still gonna wait around, we will push our chips all in on Harper.”

That is risky, because to me, I really dont get the sense that Bryce is really interested in us. Yes, he wants money, but I'm willing to bet Manny gets a feel for the market and what is going on and if you play the "take our offer or we're goin for Bryce" card you might push us out of contention. Or it could work, what do I know? Lol

30 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think so either. Feels like posturing. They will be in until the end.

I agree.  If we put $9M on an Alonso link to help our chances, think of what the Yankees would be capable of to enhance theirs...

14 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

That is risky, because to me, I really dont get the sense that Bryce is really interested in us. Yes, he wants money, but I'm willing to bet Manny gets a feel for the market and what is going on and if you play the "take our offer or we're goin for Bryce" card you might push us out of contention. Or it could work, what do I know? Lol

I still will not believe that Bryce Harper would have Boras as his agent for his entire career, refuse to negotiate any sort of extension so that he hits FA as early as possible, and then do anything other than take the highest, most record breaking offer he receives. 

You don't use Boras as your agent to go to the place that interests you.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The whitesox do not have that kind of leverage whatsoever, it’d be one thing if they were actually good saying this, however we aren’t and to be honest are one of the most desperate teams in the hunt for any of these guys. We just don’t have the chips to be able to risk that in my opinion 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I still will not believe that Bryce Harper would have Boras as his agent for his entire career, refuse to negotiate any sort of extension so that he hits FA as early as possible, and then do anything other than take the highest, most record breaking offer he receives. 

You don't use Boras as your agent to go to the place that interests you.

I think everyone thinking their team isn’t Bryce’s first choice is a Boras play.

I've been saying it all a long that the Yankees don't make a lot of sense for Machado. The only thing that the media used was that Machado 'likes' the Yankees, that's bullshit and doesn't matter in the real world of baseball money. 

Objectively speaking, Yankees have no reason to spend the 300 mil on Machado when they have such a dominating offensive juggernaught and young kids that are coming up to beast (Andujar / Torres). They already have a monster contract in Stanton. They can fill out their roster significantly easier with money spent on pitching all while keeping their pocket books open to the future.

This means that, sure, for 200 mill or a shorter deal they'd love to grab him, they have money for it, but there's no way they'll spend huge $$ like the White Sox or Phillies should for Machado. 

For the White Sox, Machado will give this rebuild a shot that it so desperately needs as a great defensive third basemen who can be the middle of the order bat we've so long needed.

We are basically desperate for Machado while the Yanks could win a world series this year with their current team. 

15 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

For the White Sox, Machado will give this rebuild a shot that it so desperately needs as a great defensive third basemen who can be the middle of the order bat we've so long needed.

We are basically desperate for Machado while the Yanks could win a world series this year with their current team. 

Agree w are desperate for Manny but does he want to play for us? Only time will tell. 

43 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Not to mention we kinda showed our cards when we traded for Alonso as all of this started 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres