Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think trout leaves because the Angels are stuck in neutral and he should be the MLB poster boy and NY or Philly may give him that. 

Angels could maximize their return if they know he wants to leave, and they would/should have their pick of anyone's farm system in trading him.

7 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

If I were the Angels and my team was struggling prior to Trout's Free agency, I'd trade him at the break and get a HELL of a lot back from it. Jeez, can you imagine that? 

On Machado: Mildly surprised that he didn't sign anywhere in the first week of January, but I expect him to sign this upcoming week. That, to me, was always the prime point. I figured he'd sign in the second week or possibly first.

Manny not signing till Feb he's not even close to signing.

13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

If I were the Angels and my team was struggling prior to Trout's Free agency, I'd trade him at the break and get a HELL of a lot back from it. Jeez, can you imagine that? 

On Machado: Mildly surprised that he didn't sign anywhere in the first week of January, but I expect him to sign this upcoming week. That, to me, was always the prime point. I figured he'd sign in the second week or possibly first.

So you want to he known as the GM who traded away of the best players of all time?

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

So you want to he known as the GM who traded away of the best players of all time?

Would have no problem trading him if he was 0.5 seasons away from free agency and I could get a huge haul. Of course, permitting that I'd be out of the playoff shot at that time. I'd get a haul. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

You want to be the GM who wasted one of the best player's career? If I cant get the job with him, I sure as hell would rather re-tool the entire franchise by trading him.

He has already wasted it so far, why stop now 

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If we all just stop engaging Peavy44 and replying to his nonsense, we can probably reduce the length of these threads by like 30% or so. 

That won’t prevent him from talking to himself

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

But that is what I mean. You have wasted it, you look embarrassing. Clearly it doesn't phase him too much. I'd rather do what is best for the franchise moving forward.

People won't remember that. They will remember the person who traded him.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres