Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

I couldn’t think of one good reason manny would like the post of his brother in law that he is very close with other than to signal he is coming to the sox

If you’ve used it, in a lot of cases you’ll “like” most friends and family’s pictures. I don’t think it’s indicative of anything.

6 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

If you’ve used it, in a lot of cases you’ll “like” most friends and family’s pictures. I don’t think it’s indicative of anything.

I don't believe anyone here is seriously believing this. As I said, there were plenty of major leaguers that liked the post.

My scoop from 12/17, which I can no longer quote anymore because the thread is locked, but you can check out HERE

Abreu is in Chicago right now for this pitch.

On 12/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Plus other parts of that rumor (Manny staying in Chicago through Wednesday, Abreu being in town for the pitch) were seemingly debunked.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Abreu was part of the Machado pitch.

😉

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Baron said:

Just incase you need more confirmation that Bruce is wrong

Definitely two mystery teams...the Padres and Pirates, but neither can be publicly acknowledged?   Okay, that makes zero sense there would be no leaks over all this time.  How did Lozano get that out there?

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

has anyone actually seen where rosenthal said those numbers? I can't find it on twitter, was it on MLB Network?

Only thing I saw was this in his latest article on the Athletic about the Mets...

"If I were the Mets — or for that matter, any other team with the financial wherewithal — I’d offer eight years, $250 million to both Harper or Machado, say it’s available to the first taker for 48 hours. I’d line up the necessary trades in the event either player accepts. And I’d negotiate the other contract language — opt-outs, no-trade provisions — only after I came to an agreement."

Doesn't say anything about the Sox.

• Thanks 1

Ken suggests that the Pads or Mets should go 8/250. Martino is saying that The White Sox are close to that. He isn’t saying Ken said that. He is confirming that those numbers are close to where Chicago is. Suggesting he has inside info on the Sox offer.

Edited by Orlando

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Ken suggests that the Pads or Mets should go 8/250. Martino is saying that The White Sox are close to that. He isn’t saying Ken said that. He is confirming that those numbers are close to where Chicago is. Suggesting he has inside info on the Sox offer.

ahhh misread it. thanks!

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres