Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

My guess is they are thinking that Pads have made latest push publicly so are probably most likely. 

I think that it's clear their finances cannot support Machado with Myers and Hosmer on the books and am not worried.

The two guys I recognized who follow him are....drumroll....

Incrarcerated Bob and Dan Clark.

I think we're good carrying on and not paying attention to this guy lol

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Especially if he went to SD, which I really doubt. While it may not be true, it would imply they sat on their hands all winter and didn't up the offer enough allowing SD to come out of nowhere.

The Yankees would suck, but like, that's life. I would be infuriated if he goes to SD 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Especially if he went to SD, which I really doubt. While it may not be true, it would imply they sat on their hands all winter and didn't up the offer enough allowing SD to come out of nowhere.

Yankees I could understand if the money was close, but if the Padres signed Machado I don't think I would recover from that

I just don't understand what the Sox and Manny would be waiting for to announce if he's actually agreed to anything.  There is definitely a ton of smoke , but what is the benefit for anyone of not just getting on with it if there is actually an agreement.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I just don't understand what the Sox and Manny would be waiting for to announce if he's actually agreed to anything.  There is definitely a ton of smoke , but what is the benefit for anyone of not just getting on with it if there is actually an agreement.

Lozano. Plain and simple. Deal isn't done. 

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Lozano. Plain and simple. Deal isn't done. 

I agree the deal isn't done.  There are just a lot of people seemingly speculating that MM and the Sox have agreed to terms and they're waiting for *something to announce.  I just don't buy it.  The black and silver gloves are very intriguing tho.  

1 hour ago, peppers312 said:

what color were his mitts during his time with BAL and LA...? 

Looks like he used a block glove with orange lettering for the majority of his time in BAL.  Used a tan glove with black trim in LAD and perhaps his final season in BAL as well.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I agree the deal isn't done.  There are just a lot of people seemingly speculating that MM and the Sox have agreed to terms and they're waiting for *something to announce.  I just don't buy it.  The black and silver gloves are very intriguing tho.  

There is no reason they would wait to announce something. Those "insider"tweets are easily my least favorite. You don't agree to something and then hide it. They only possibility is they kept him going to a physical from the media, which is incredibly unlikely. 

When a deal is agreed to we will know almost immediately. 

• Thanks 1

I am pro player, but I'm kind of annoyed at the comments about how manny and bryce should have jobs. Making that case for the 100 free agents as a whole? Fair. The pretty decent list of good mlb players signing minor league contracts? Totally fair.

But it's not like Bryce and Manny haven't been offered jobs.

While I don't think Bryce or Manny are losing any money by waiting and thus keep waiting, I think any player like Moustakas who thought they would have more leverage when machado signs was sorely mistaken. For the mid-level player, I'm not seeing it as clear at all that waiting has benefited them vs taking the first few offers.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres